Saying Goodbye

I was in my house while the rest were outside fixing up the mess. I was thinking of a plan to steal the map from Lloyd and go save Zane myself. But, would that be efficient? 

I went outside when I noticed Lloyd was talking to Nya. I tried to hear what he was saying, maybe it was something about going to the Ice Emperor's castle. 

"I need you to protect the village with the others. In case those Ice Samurai come back," Lloyd said, almost slipping on the ice he was standing on. 

"What about you?" Nya asked, pulling him up from the frozen lake. 

"I have to go away for a while," Lloyd said. 

Maybe he is going to go save Zane.

"Going after Zane? I hope you don't think you're going alone. We're coming with you," Nya said. 

She's right, we all can go. 

"I've thought about this, Nya. There's only two ways into that castle, by force and by stealth, and force won't work. You've seen how powerful the Ice Emperor is," Lloyd said. 

"So we sneak in, like the crafty ninja we are," Nya said, looking at a hammock knocking Cole onto the ground and Jay flying into a tree.

Kai splats flat on the ground.

"One of us has a better chance than six. And the Ice Emperor will be watching you guys, not me. He'll send more of those Blizzard Samurai here, which is why I need you to stay and protect these people," Lloyd said.

He was deciding to go alone. I have to think of a plan to go with him. Maybe I can follow him without him knowing. That way I can reach Zane and I wouldn't have to argue with Lloyd. 

"So we draw his attention, while you sneak in and find Zane?" Nya asked.

"Exactly," Lloyd said. 

"It's risky, but it could work," Nya said. 

"It will work. Trust me," Lloyd said. 

Before it was time for Lloyd to leave I decided to think ahead and pack. I got a backpack that was given to us by the villagers. It had an electric warming up torch in it, a blanket, extra pair of clothes, rope, and a First Aid Kit. 

I made the electric torch myself by my surroundings. The blanket came with the backpack, as well as the extra pair of clothes. And I grabbed items that are useful to put in the First Aid Kit. 

The Ice Fishers and the ninja gather around to watch Lloyd leave while I sneak in the back and wait until everyone leaves. 

"At least take this with you. It's key to the mech. If you get close enough, it should start beeping," Nya said, giving him the tracker. 

"Okay, thanks," Lloyd said. 

"And you'll need this," Jay said, giving Lloyd an astonished fish. 

"What's that?" Lloyd asked. 

"Dried fish. Not as bad as it sounds. Kind of like beef jerky actually," Jay said.

"You want me to light it for you?" Kai asks as he summons his fire and Nya glares at him.

"No, thanks. I'll save it for later," Lloyd said. 

"Oh, good. 'Cause I'm actually kind of wiped. My powers aren't fully back yet," Kai said. 

"Watch your back out there," Cole said as Jay waved to Lloyd.

Everyone got back to their work as Lloyd left. I quickly followed him without anyone realizing. 

556 words

Once again, usually active during the weekends. I will see you in the next chapter! 👋