Locked Up

I was surprised that Zane is the Ice Emperor.

"Zane? I-I don't understand. How is this possible?" Lloyd asked. 

"What did you call me?" The deep, cold voice shot out. 

"Zane! Your name is Zane! Don't you remember?" Lloyd asked. 

He takes a step forward and two Blizzard Warriors block him with their spears.

"Step back. You are addressing the Ice Emperor," Vex said. 

I couldn't believe my Zane was the Ice Emperor. 

"We came here for you, Zane. We came here to bring you home," Lloyd said. 

"This... is my home," the Ice Emperor said. 

"No. Ninjago is your home," Lloyd said. 

"Nin... ja-go?" The Ice Emperor asked. 

Lloyd pushes against the spears.

"Think, Zane. Try to remember. We were all together. We were fighting Aspheera and... and she banished you with her staff," Lloyd said.

"Don't listen to him. He lies!" Vex said. 

"Zane, please come back to us, to me. Please. I missed you ever since you left and I don't think I can take it anymore. I need you," I said, tears escaping my eyes.m

"The emperor could live without you!" Vex said, harshly. 

Lloyd pushes against the spears again.

"Zane. You have to remember something! Or... someone. Master Wu, or Cole or-or... Kai?" Lloyd said. 

The Ice Emperor raises an eyebrow. "Who?" 

"Kai! Remember when I threw his reds in with your whites and all your clothes turned pink? And you had to dress up as a Pink Ninja? Remember?" Lloyd asked. 

"No." 

"He seeks to deceive you. To confuse you. Let me deal with him, my Lord," Vex said, bowing. 

"You were holding the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu when it happened. It-It must have corrupted you somehow. How long have you been here, Zane? How long have you been holding that?" Lloyd asked. 

"Many... decades," the Ice Emperor responded. 

"Decades? Time must be different here. I don't understand how but-but... Zane, the Scroll has corrupted you, corrupted your power. You have to put it down!" Lloyd said.

He tries to get closer to the Ice Emperor, but is stopped by the Blizzard Warriors.

"He seeks the scepter!" Vex yelled. 

"No he doesn't! We just want our Zane back," I said, my tears slowly streaming down my cheeks. 

"This isn't you! You're a good person! You're my friend. You have to trust me. Put it down!" Lloyd said. 

"See?! They desire it for themselves," Vex said, pointing at Lloyd. "Seize them!" 

The Blizzard Warriors point their spears at us and advance menacingly, forcing us to back away nervously. Then they try to attack us. 

Lloyd leaps through the spears and lands on the ground, standing guard. I kick a warrior and punch another. He kicks one of the Warriors and back-flips. Grimfax approaches behind him, but is quickly thrown to the ground. Lloyd grabs the other Warrior's spear and whips him around before leaping past a surprised Vex and lunges at the Ice Emperor, only to be blasted by his corrupted Ice. Lloyd is thrown to the ground and loses consciousness.

I ran to Lloyd. I put his hands on my laps. 

"Why would you do that?! Lloyd is our friend!" I yelled, as tears escaped. 

Ice Emperor's P.O.V: 

I felt a sensation. I couldn't just let her cry. The beauty blinded me. I felt like I was in another world. 

P.I.X.A.L’s P.O.V: 

The Ice Emperor just stared at me. 

Vex turned to the Ice Emperor, "behold his treachery. One moment he speaks of friendship, and the next, he tries to steal your scepter. Allow me to destroy him, my Lord!" 

"Lock him and the girl in the dungeon," the Ice Emperor said. 

"But, my Lord!" Vex protested. 

"You heard me!" The Ice Emperor said as he slammed his scepter down.

"You heard the Emperor. To the dungeon with them!" Vex yelled. 

The Blizzard Warriors drag Lloyd off. And me in another direction. Vex is still upset with the Ice Emperor's decision and Grimfax is reflecting on everything that happened.

I sat in the cold dungeon. I didn't know where Lloyd was. I was feeling really scared. I just wanted Zane to be back to normal. 

697 words