Chapter 3

Izuku stands still for several seconds, planning out his next attack. Until suddenly, he bursts into motion, swinging his scythe in an arc aimed towards Poseidon's right shoulder, as if trying to bisect him from shoulder to hip.

Poseidon effortlessly dodges the attack, only to receive a slash across the back in the same location as he would have received on his front had he not dodged, causing his blood to spray all over Izuku, who finally stopped moving when he was behind Poseidon, their backs facing each other.

In The Stands

"Brunhilde, what just happened?" Göll asks, genuinely confused.

Brunhilde shrugs. "I'm just as confused as you are."

"I can answer that." Eri says, suddenly appearing beside Göll, causing her to jump. "That was Izuku's 'Mirror Slash' technique. If you don't dodge it, you die. However, even if you do dodge it, you'll receive a wound on your back that's identical to the one you avoided receiving, though less likely to kill you." She explains, a smile upon her face. "It's the very same technique that he killed Chisaki with."

"Who?" Göll asks.

Eri smiles at her. "It doesn't matter. When we died, we tracked him down and sent him to niflheim."

Elsewhere In The Stands

Ares' eyes narrow when Poseidon receives the wound on his back. "Is it even possible to dodge that attack?" He thinks aloud.

"Not without leaving yourself open to other attacks, it isn't." Hades responds, a hand upon his chin.

"Indeed. Poseidon probably realized this, which is why he didn't dodge the second half of it." Hermes states contemplatively.

Beelzebub hums in thought as he observed the fight, before speaking up. "Poseidon faces an immortal who is unmatched in scythe combat, even among the gods. He has approximately a 0.00000001% chance of victory." He states calmly.

Ares' eyes widen as he turns toward him. "Are you sure about that? Surely there must be some way for him to win this fight. There's no way that he can't win." He says, a bit panicked.

Beelzebub nods. "Indeed, there is a way for him to win. 2 ways to be precise. Though, neither of them are likely. The first way is that Izuku Midoriya could suddenly begin to fear death, and thus have his life claimed by the very weapon he wields. However, that will not happen, as he is an immortal with no reason to fear death. The second way, which may happen, is for Izuku to slip up, and leave an opening for Poseidon to destroy his heart and Brain with a single attack, killing him. I doubt that will happen either, though. It's obvious, Izuku's win is all but guaranteed." He explains before turning to walk away, not caring to watch the rest of the fight as the victor was decided before the fight even began.

Ares turns to continue watching the fight, sincerely hoping that Poseidon will find a way to win.

In The Arena

Poseidon reaches backwards to feel his wound, unsure if it's really there, only for his eyes to slightly widen as he fells his own blood on his back. For the first time in his life, Poseidon, the Tyrant Of The Seas, had been wounded, and he couldn't believe it. Poseidon turns to Izuku, looking him in the eyes for the first time since the fight began, only to be surprised when he sees disappointment in them.

"Come on, you've gotta be stronger than that, right? Surely you can't be this weak." Izuku complains as he lowers his scythe. "When I came out here I was expecting a good fight. A worthy opponent that I could finally go all out against for the first time ever. But you? You're too weak for that." He finishes before beginning to casually approach the sea god. "Please, I beg of you, prove that you're stronger than you seem. Prove me wrong."

Poseidon's eyes narrow in anger before he steps forward and attacks, going on the offensive for the first time. "Amphitrite."

Izuku stands almost completely still as the barrage of attacks comes at him, deflecting any strikes that come near his heart or head, but letting any others tear through his body, and immediately regenerating from the damage.

Eventually, Poseidon stops and backs off, Izuku remaining in place. During this, every god and every human is cheering Poseidon on, all of them calling for Izuku's death. In response to this, Poseidon glances at the stands with a glare, causing everyone to shut up out of fear.

"Now why'd you do that? They're all just cheering ya on. What's so wrong about that? You should feel grateful for your supporters, I certainly never had any." Izuku states amusedly.

"Supporters? We have no need for the herd... no need for scheming... and no need for support. Such are the gods. Supporters are entirely unnecessary to those who have already attained perfection." Poseidon states coldly.

Izuku starts to chuckle upon hearing this, eventually devolving into full-blown laughter. After about 30 seconds of constant laughter, Izuku calms down and wipes a tear from his eye. "Perfection? Hah! There's no such thing as perfection, even among you gods. The only thing in all of reality that is perfect is imperfection itself." Izuku states loudly, a smile upon his face. "When I was alive, imperfection was what I sought after. I wrought death and despair wherever I went, leaving a mountain of corpses behind when I left. Society is a corrupt, disgusting mess. It's full of foolish humans who think it perfect, unable to see or comprehend it's failures. I sought to tear it apart, and destroy it. I desired to expose it's imperfections, show the world the truth that they could not see." He continues, his smile beginning to turn manic. "And now in death, it would seem I have to expose your own imperfections to you." He finishes, his smile having turned into that of a mad man, stretching from ear to ear.

Poseidon glares at him for such an insult, before leaping in the air. "Chione Tyro Demeter."

Izuku laughs like a madman as the attacks come at him, effortlessly deflecting each and every one. "Slow. Sloppy. Sad. I gotta say, you're not living up to the legend, Tyrant." He states as he stands still and deflects them all. Some he deflects with his scythe, must most he simply pushes aside with his bare hands.

In The Stands

"He... he's treating Poseidon like an untrained child..." Göll states disbelievingly.

Brunhilde nods. "He is. I can hardly believe it myself, and I'm standing here watching it happen." She states, genuinely surprised. "I knew that he was skilled, and one of the most powerful humans to ever exist, but this? I never could have imagined this."

Eri giggles. "Were you not aware? Neither me nor Izuku ever went all out in any fight we took part in out of the fear of accidentally harming one another. That is what Izuku looks like when he fights for real." She states with a wide smile. "For the first time ever, Izuku is able to go all out in a fight, for I am too far away for his attacks to harm me."

Göll looks at her in shock. "You mean..."

Eri nods. "You're about to see the real reason that Izuku is considered to be peerless, even among the gods, in scythe combat."

Elsewhere In The Stands

Ares watches in shock, unable to believe what he's seeing. "No. This can't be possible. How is Poseidon of all people unable to land so much as a single blow?" His disbelief is clear as day in his voice.

"It's simple. Izuku Midoriya is just that much stronger than even Poseidon is, despite wielding a weapon as unwieldy as a scythe." Hermes answers, barely able to believe it himself.

Hades nods, his eyes narrowing. "Izuku is the incarnation of 'What is a god to a nonbeliever? What is a perfect being to someone who sees imperfection in everyone?'" He states. "If Izuku ever decides to stop playing around with Poseidon, he can end this fight in an instant." He continues, causing Ares to look at him in disbelief.

"You mean..."

Hades nods with a grimace. "The outcome of this match was decided even before it began. Poseidon is going to die."