Act One - Scene 4: A Mystery

⚠️ Disclaimer: I don't own anything from the show. E.g: The characters or the plot. I'm only using it for fanfiction use.⚠️

~•~•~

I walk into Enid's room the following day just as she falls to the ground. Wednesday turns to me with wide eyes.

"She fainted."

I sigh. "What did you show her now?"

"Pictures that Thing copied from the autopsy reports at the morgue." She pauses and then adds, "and a few other grueling photos from other cases."

I walk inside and close the door behind me, as I walk by Wednesday steps aside and walks right back up to her black board of pictures. I bend down just as Thing comes over with the smelling salts that Wednesday uses to wake the poor girl.

"So did you find anything?"

"Each victim that the monster murdered has had a different body part surgically removed."

I pick the pictures up, take a quick peek and then hand them to Thing while I take the little jar of salts and waft it under Enid's nose. She pops up with a growl and snarls at me. This causes me to stumble back and land on my ass.

"Hey! Claws down Enid!!" I exclaimed. I could see Wednesday glancing at me over her shoulder. She was acting weird, ever since after we came back from outreach. She talks to me but it's clipped, and her coldness is back. It makes me wonder if she saw something that she's not telling me about.

"Sorry Y/n."

The breath I'd been holding lets out slowly as I start to calm down. "No worries pup." I pat her shoulder before letting her help me up.

"So how was the date?" I ask and quickly see the sadden look that crossed my friends face.

"...." She mumbles.

I narrow my eyes while Wednesday glances at us over her shoulder.

"I'm sorry?"

Enid sighs, her gaze shifting to Wednesday, before back to me. She then looks down to the ground. "...he stood me up."

"Excuse me?!" I hiss and quickly grab her hands into mine. Enid then sniffles as she avoids my stare. Out of my peripheral I see Wednesday walk around the room. I don't pay it much mind as I'm focused on the upset wolf girl in front of me.

"He never showed up. And he's been ignoring me all morning." Whimpered Enid.

The sound of something cocking catches both of our attention and we whip our heads around to see it. Wednesday stood there by her bed with....was that an actual nail gun?!

"Wednesday, no." I state firmly. The girl just raises an eyebrow at me as she starts to load the nail gun while keeping eye contact.

"I did make a promise..." she rebuttals.

"You did no such thing," I retorted, still gripping onto Enid's hands.

The Addams girl finally looked at Enid, who slowly shook her head while her lower lip trembled. She then sighed and put the nail gun back on her bed. Finally, I turn my head back to Enid and cradle her face in my hands.

"It's gonna be okay sweet pea. It's his loss, and if he can't see the wonderful awesomeness that is Enid then he just has no absolute taste in women." I then pull Enid in for a hug as she clings onto me, her face buried into my chest. I look over her head to spot Wednesday observing us before she's turning away to look back at her board.

Once I knew Enid was gonna be okay, we parted from the hug and I made my way over to where Wednesday still stood with her back to us.

"You ready for class, ghoul?" I ask in a quiet tone.