Intermission: Final Scene

~•~•~

Holidays have come and gone and living with the Addams, I realize that not every family celebrates Thanksgiving or Christmas. Though, in hindsight,  to the Addams, Thanksgiving is a holiday that trashes their ancestors. Given that the European's literally stole their ancestors lands, if the fight between Wednesday and Crackstone was anything to go by. So, it's safe to say that the holiday itself is a touchy subject.

Of course if you know the true history behind Thanksgiving, you wouldn't want to celebrate it anymore either.

That being said, our vacation away from Nevermore was slowly coming to an end. The new semester was starting in a few weeks and there's word that we have a new principal ready to take the reins. And as excited as I was to go back, I knew it wouldn't be the same without Weems.

I didn't care that I'd be treated as a regular student now that my only guardian is dead. What I cared about was seeing someone unfamiliar run the school she worked so hard to keep intact. Things were changing and it was all happening so fast.

I found myself in my room, cell phone in hand, when I got a text from Wednesday. 

Ghoul🖤: Your assistance is required in my chambers.

My eyebrows slowly rise up at the simple yet eloquent message. Personally, I liked the way Wednesday spoke, even in texts. But what got me surprised wasn't the message, it was the idea of being in Wednesday's room... with Wednesday.

Alone.

With a calming sigh, I get up from my desk and place my phone on the surface before walking my way to her room.

Y/n/n💜: Be there in a sec.

~

When I arrived her door was sealed shut. And that's when the nerves began to set in. Today I wore a simple pair of blue jeans, socks and a T-shirt. I was comfortable so I chose to be comfortable in what I wear. The skirts back in Nevermore always rode up a little too much. I had the idea to see if I could just switch the skirt out for the dress pants when I got back.

I raise my hand to knock but the door opens before my knuckles could touch the black wood. And I'm met with equally black eyes. The way Wednesday's eyebrows set in a slight furrowed but uninterested position as she looked at me sent a chill down my spine.

My arm drops just as she steps to the side and I walk in without a word. I do, however, take a peek at what she was wearing for the day.

Black jeans with one of her white and black sweaters. And combat boots.

Wednesday always kept it simple but in the most stylish of ways. Not to mention almost every outfit she owns looks striking on her. Namely the form fitting attires.

I stand to the side and watch as she makes her way to her desk where a brand new laptop sat.

"You're not going to stab me again, are you?" I ask.

"No." She says before sitting down in her seat. 

I let my eyes roam around her room for a second before settling back on her. She was watching me.

"Stop being paranoid and come here."

"I'm being cautious."

"Do you not trust me?"

I clench my jaw tightly. "You know I do."

"Then come here."

We grew silent and I watch as Wednesday turns to face the laptop and taps on one of the keys; she looked to be struggling with what she needed to do. Currently it was asking her for an email address.