Intermission: Scene 1

A/n: Alright! Settle down! Do you have your popcorn? Your drinks? Yes. Okay good. It's time for the mini intermission chapters to begin.

As always, enjoy!~

~•~•~

It was easy to settle into the Addams House.

Is what I wanted to say.

On the outside, I remained calm. I was polite and allowed Morticia to show me around while Gomez and Lurch took my things inside. But on the inside, I felt lost somehow. I didn't know these people, hell I barely knew Wednesday, and yet here I was.

"Would you like a room next to Wednesday?" The woman had asked me. She was so polite and kind, it made me question what real kindness was, because this wasn't what I grew up with.

"Um, I-..." I felt eyes on me and glanced over to see the girl in question. She was quiet, had her hands in front of her much like how the first time I met her. Her gaze was softer, for sure, and held something that reminded me of curiosity.

"I think any room will be alright."

I wanted to be close to her, but I didn't trust myself to be just a room away from her. I'd never be able to sleep knowing she was next to me. I'm not saying that in any sexual way, in fact, I just crave her. Now that we're dating, it feels different. The air is different. She's less cold with me but still her regular stoic individual self. I can't explain it.

"Come with me, I'll show you the spares we have." Morticia placed a hand on my shoulder and guided me away from the foyer.

The stairs went straight up, so I followed the woman. She made me feel safe and like I was welcome. Her touch was firm yet hesitant, I guess because I was still so stiff.

As we walk up the steps I take in the area around me. From the wooden railings to the dark wallpaper. A black, Gothic chandelier hung above and honestly looked stunning. The entire estate was beyond my wildest dreams. Once at the top of the staircase, Morticia guided me to the right side first. Three doors sat along the way: a bathroom, Fester's room and then Things. If you walk further down the hallway you'll find three other rooms. One on each end and then another right in the middle.

It happened to have another set of stairs that led to the third floor.

"Those are my mothers rooms. We don't bother those."

I nodded my head and let her lead me further around till we got to the left side of the top floor. Four rooms lined the way. Wednesday's was first, then Pugsly's, a bathroom and then another spare room. She led me to the door at the end of the hall and opened the door for me. It was clean, almost spotless aside from the cobwebs in the corner and dirt on the furniture. No one has been in here and you could tell.

"I'll take this one."

"The one at the end of the hall, near Wednesday's, is also empty." Morticia tried to say but I was already shaking my head.

"It's okay. I don't mind taking this one."

Morticia left it alone after that, giving me a smile, and then turned to call down to her husband and butler. I had waited by the door as they pulled in the minimal luggage I owned. Gomez had clapped my arm with a warm smile and then met his wife at the staircase before they walked down together. Lurch was the next to leave, giving me a grunt when he ducked out of my room.

I don't hesitate in stepping inside to take a closer look. The walls were Grey with black stripes. The bed frame was a dark brown wooden style with long bed posts that almost reached the ceiling.