Chapter 19

Charvi rubbed her eyes as she got up from the bed. She tied her hair into a knot as she stepped into the balcony, her head tilted up as she eyed the bright moon.

" Mahadeva, help me out," She whispered as she rubbed her shoulders, eying the ground.

A gentle breeze tickled her face, causing her to smile softly before walking back into the room.

Charvi quickly washed her face and changed her clothes into a cream cotton saree with a rudrashak necklace and pearl stud. Her inky black hair knotted into a messy bun, and she applied the red kumkum on her forehead and hairline.

The corridor was dimly litted as she stepped out of her room. Charvi grabbed a small candle and lighted it up before walking down the stairs.

She gasped when she heard a thud sound followed by a man's cough.

" My Lord !?" Charvi gasped, causing Ashwatthama to raise his eyebrows as he flickered his lamp on her face.

" What are you doing ?" He asked curtly, causing Charvi to swallow her saliva.

" I-" Charvi stammered as she gazed at him with doe like eyes. Ashwatthama bite the inside of his cheek as he scanned her from head to toe.

" It's not safe to be wandering the halls," Ashwatthama said, causing Charvi to scoff and turn her back.

" I am talking to you," Ashwatthama said as he clenched his fist while watching her walk away. He narrowed his eyes as he began to follow her into the kitchen.

" I have been wandering in these halls even since you brought me here, my lord," Charvi said as she began opening the ledge and walked out to the backyard.

" There wasn't guest then!" Ashwatthama said, causing Charvi to turn her head back.

" But you're here now," She said with an impish smile, causing Ashwatthama to raise his eyebrows.

" Guest or no guest, I can't bend my ways. It's time for my morning prayers," Charvi said as she walked towards the shed.

Ashwatthama leaned against the shed as he watched her expertly milking the brown cow.

" Shall we arrange some festive for Hastinapur's entourage ?" Charvi asked as she glanced at Ashwatthama to scoff and crossed his arm over his chest.

" Why would I want to waste the crown's money ?" Ashwatthama scoffed as he arched his eyebrows, causing Charvi to grin sheepishly.

" It's for the crown, Prince...so what if we waste it ?" Charvi asked, Carsington it will never Ashwatthama's lips to twitch.

" Perhaps we can arrange some feast and music ?" Charvi asked as she stood up and bent forward, carrying the milk pot.

Ashwatthama's swallowed his saliva as he felt an unknowing feeling creeping through his chest as he watched her placing the milk pot on her hips.

Charvi gave him a small smile before walking towards him and passing out of the shed.

The husband and wife then continued their journey towards Mahadeva's sanctuary with a silent fog hanging between them.

Ashwatthama began his pooja, and then Charvi followed her ritual while her husband sat in front of the large statue and began his meditation.

" Raajkumari!" A loud voice hollered, causing Ashwatthama to frown as he opened his eyes. He pursed his lips as he watched his wife's maidservants chiding her as they fussed over her simultaneously while her guard glared at him.

" My Lord!" A voice called, causing Ashwatthama and Charvi to turn their head towards the field. Ashwatthama promptly stood up as his visceral rushed towards him and bowed his head.