Chapter 1

It was the end of a long four years of college for Mallory. She had gone straight out of high school to escape her life in the small town of Whitefish Montana which was breathtaking in its beauty, the tall mountains all around, the bright blue sky during the day and star filled dark sky at night. It was beautiful, but such beauty couldn't take away the pain she had been in.

Before she graduated high school, she was taken by a group of men and held captive for about two years. She was raped brutally over and over for days on end it seemed. She was abused and broken and wanted to die during that time she was taken. One mistake one of the men had made when they were taking her somewhere else had made it possible to escape to a nearby bar. She had run inside, and the crowd inside all turned and looked at her, all knowing who she was.

Everyone ran over to her before she had fallen to the floor. The next thing she knew, she had woken up in the hospital with IVs in her arm and doctors and nurses all around her. She tried to speak, but no sound had come out of her mouth. One of the nurses had noticed she opened her eyes.

"Hey there, you're safe now, Mal, you're safe." She said in a soft voice, getting the others' attention. The doctor who had her chart turned to her and sat in a chair next to the bed.

"Hi Mal, it's so good to see you. It's been too long. Do you know where you are?" She nodded and closed her eyes.

"Safe." Is all she said.

"That's right, you're safe. We have contacted your parents and they will be here soon." A tear had fallen onto her cheek.

"We'll let you get some rest and come back and check on you in a little bit." She closed her eyes and went to sleep. A knock on her door had woken her a little while later, and her parents came walking in the room. They stopped at the foot of the bed, and she froze, looking into their eyes.

"Hey, sweetheart." Her mother had said, getting closer. She tried to speak, but her voice was really hoarse from screaming for so long that she couldn't make much of a sound. She looked on her bed and tried to press the call nurse button, but her mother had stopped her.

"You don't need to be drawing attention to yourself now, do you?" She had said with an eerie look in her eyes. She had a look of horror on her face and tried to scream, but no sound still would come out of her mouth.

"I have no idea how you got away, but I will make sure you will not make it long." She said in a low voice before speaking again.

"We have to go now, dear. We love you, we will be back." She said loudly as they walked out the door.

She shook her head to get the memories out of her mind for the time being. She was standing on the street in downtown TN. She had gone there to try to make her dreams come true. As she was walking down the street, she noticed one of her favorite country singers standing in her line of sight. She closed her eyes and walked up to him.

"Hi. My name is Mallory, and I just wanted to tell you I think you're amazing. You are my favorite singer, and your songs speak to me on a deep level. I'm sure you hear this all the time, but I truly mean it." She looked into his bright blue eyes, and he smiled at her.

"Hi there. Nice to meet you, Mallory. I'm Nick Waters." He shook her hand; his touch was warm on her skin.

"It's nice to meet you too. Ok well um I guess I'll be going. Have a great day, Nick." She turned to walk away, but he had put his hand on her shoulder, making her flinch and turn around quickly.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, are you alright?"

"Yea, it's nothing, really." 'Nothing doesn't make someone scared like that with just a simple touch,' he had thought to himself.