「 💐❤️」

P O S T L U D E
"Scarred Red Heart &
Withered Purple Flower"
星からの愛

The cold winter breeze caressed her face and made her curly locks dance. Her purple galaxies firmly focused on the grayish rectangular stone standing on the ground vertically. It was where the familiar symbols of the name that will always make her system go haywire are traced.

Akane Aoi.

She remembered her amazing memories with him. How the scarlet-haired male would do extravagant greetings for her on the school grounds. How he would playfully brag to her about his test scores but would always be ready to tutor her whenever she have a hard time understanding a lesson. How he would go to certain lengths just to make her happy

I should've told him. 

He's her happiness.

She should've stopped him from defying all these odds for the source of her true happiness is the actual risk-taker. Him. The male with scarlet locks rooted on top of his head, reflecting the same hue of anything intense. Everything he had felt for her. Intense pain. Intense passion. Intense dedication.

She also remembered what she did to have the stone right where it is. She ran out of the hospital when she regained conciousness again after the painful revelation that Akane's existence seemed to be erased in her reality. By herself, she put the stone still and carved his name on it. Desiring to have something connected to him in the real world besides her memories.

The soft fingertips of her right hand grazed the carved symbols on the stone's surface as her left hand gently lay the bundle of lavender flowers tied together with a red ribbon. The sight made her think that she was like the lavender flowers, similar to her purple hair and irises being tied by a red ribbon — embraced by the certain boy with crimson galaxies. Its owner. . .

The boy with the bravest soul.

She looked up when her tears threatened to fall once more. Her vision met with the gray skies filled with cotton-like clouds. Closing her eyes, she could only see the blackness that signified nothing. All she could remember was the dark canvas scattered with white dots that started it all. The night sky and its beloved stars.

The same ones that gave them hope. The ones that were the witness of their promises for each other. The ones that know how their fates will play out. 

The disappearance of the scarred red heart that will make the purple flower wither.

Everything that had happened made her realize that life will always be like that. It gives us the chance to seek for what we want and bask in happiness after reaching them. However, it will also remind us that everything comes and go.

One must go through the depths of pain and sorrow to be able to distinguish the true sensation of joy.

She realized that destiny have already linked their strings of connection from the very beginning. Everything she is experiencing now wasn't a punishment for defying the skies. Because all along their defiance. . . wasn't possible.

She looked at the tombstone with a melancholic expression on her face. Her thoughts raced in her mind as if she was speaking to him. Even if we alter the timeframe or escape the fate entangled by those merciless stars. All of it would always lead to us. . .saying goodbye to each other.

This is just how it is, Akane.

Unbeknownst to her, a pair of scarlet galaxies remained fixed on her weakened figure. He knelt infront of her. It seemed like the tombstone was the only thing in between them. But it's not just that. They are separated by heavier elements. Different dimension. Different timeframe

The universe works in wonders

He sighed. 

It's truly crazy how the stars that entangled their strings of fate would be the same ones that will cut it. 

This may be the last time he will be able to get a glimpse of her. His ability to see her is the only piece of him linked to her that is left in this world. So the moment their string of connection truly gets cut, no trace of them would be left even within each other. Paths did not cross. No promises. No more memories.

A small smile escaped the lips of the beautiful girl in front of him which tugged his heartstrings. She spoke, "But I'm glad that before our painful farewell, I get to experience life with you."

Aoi then continued, "Just like these lavender flowers emitting the beauty of spring amidst the coldness of the winter. The promises in our hearts bloomed despite the cruel circumstances. These memories I have that no one else does will be cherished. Forever. Our farewell might be able to be prolonged in a different life. Maybe in a different lifetime, we could be.

I love you, Akane. I'll always will."

Her falling teardrop mirrored the same transparent one trailing the cheek of the crimson-haired male. His voice cracked as he noticed that his vision, his ability to see her, the only part of him linked to her is fading.

"I love you, Aoi. My memories might disappear but I assure you that this heart of mine will remain hoping for the possibility of that "we could be." 

With our fates crossing the way we want. 

With the stars perfectly aligned just for us.

She kneeled, uncaring about the coldness striking her bare knees. Unlike the falling bits of crystallized snow from the sky dancing with the others in the air, alone she grasped the knitted scarf with lavender embroidery wrapped around her neck.

The warmth it brings will never be the same as the one she directly felt with him. Reminiscing the boy who gave it to her, and the one she always embraced as they bleed out memories. . .that were bound to fade.

"Maybe in the next lifetime."
.
.
.
.

「 THE END 」