16 | who do you love?

Charlotte was in John's living room, she was sewing up Katie's dress that had been ripped. The kids were away so she wasn't having to babysit, not that she would mind if she did. 

"I'm back!" Called John as he entered through the front door. He had just left to go grab some shopping.

"You was quick." 

"Only had to get a few bits." Said John, he threw a pastry at Charlotte. "Got you your favourite."

Charlotte smiled, "Thanks Johnny! You didn't have too."

"It's only a pastry Charley." Laughed John, "You're easily pleased."

Charlotte shrugged, "I'm a simple girl."

"Did you hear about the boats?" Asked John, plopping down on the sofa next to Charlotte.

Charlotte shook her head as she continued to sew, "What boats?"

"Our boats." Replied John.

"How would I know about that? You lot are so secretive, like getting blood from a stone." Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"Well." Coughed John as he covered a laugh. "You've been getting on awfully well with Tommy lately."

Charlotte's face immediately turned red, she kept her attention on her sewing. "I don't know what you are talking about." She scoffed.

"I think you do Charley." Laughed John, "You and Tommy arguing was a very key part of every family gathering. It's not hard to miss the fact it's stopped. Miss it, was always entertaining."

Charlotte rolled her eyes, "Nice to know my anger was entertaining. He used to infuriate me."

"Ah! Used to."

Charlotte laughed before shaking her head, "Back to the boats."

"A few of ours got raided last night." Answered John.

Charlotte's eyes narrowed in thought, she put the sewing needles down. "Charley?"

"You know who was asking about the boats yesterday?" Said Charlotte, John shook his head. "Grace."

John  shrugged, "Yeah?"

"That is not just a coincidence John. There's something going on with that girl."

John sighed, "Charley, I hear you but you're not exactly Grace's biggest fan. I'm not surprised you're thinking that way about her."

Charlotte gasped and whacked John's arm, "John I am not some petty little girl. Just because Tom had some tiny interaction with a girl doesn't mean I'm going to have some vendetta against her."

"So we're back to Tom now?" Asked John with a teasing smirk.

"Oh my god." Charlotte mumbled rolling her eyes.

"Whats going on with you two then? Come on, spill."

"There is nothing to spill." Said Charlotte leaning back and holding the freshly sewn dress up.

"What happened to we tell each other everything?" Asked John.

Charlotte sighed, "There isn't exactly much to tell. We had a chat, cleared some things up. Now I'm giving him a chance to redeem himself, it's nice being somewhat friends again."

"Friends then?" Asked John, "You and Tommy were never just friends Charley. It's about time you two spoke about that."

Charlotte groaned, "It just makes things complicated. I know, I know he knows really and I know everyone else knows. But we just don't speak about it, feelings. I will not be the one to bring it up. This is all on him now, he was the one who destroyed our friendship. Besides it hurt enough when I lost him and we were just friends. I can't go through all that if we were anything more than that. He needs to prove I can trust him."