Yandere detective/reader

(Small writing drabble/scenario, my oc Galen Faulkner.)

He looked up to the wall, pictures intertwined with red thread.

The man brushed his hand through his short dark hair, his brown eyes twinkling. Missing persons reports and those of the dead hung on the wall. The fellow investigators spoke of the suspects, and Y/n. All these deaths and disappearances, people that were close to them. Galen had met with Y/n a few times, they weren't guilty, he was sure of it.

It was his own doing, after all. But nobody suspected the man, they had no reason to. "Faulkner," one of the police force spoke, attempting to catch his attention. Galen raised his brow, turning his head.

"Hm?"

"We're going for a drink before leaving to home, you in?"

He politely shook his head. "Not necessary, i will stay here to try and work some things out." The men looked disappointed, but didn't argue. They bid their boss goodbye, and left. Galen allowed himself to relax. He was on his own now. There was no need to destroy any evidence, he already took care of that. Gently, he plucked the picture of y/n off the wall, his finger slightly brushing it. His face remained stoic and stern, yet his gaze softened. He didn't intend following you home, or falling in love with them. But now, there was no way he could let them go.

When their first close associate was found dead, he swooped in to introduce himself. He promised they would be safe with him, and offered to escort them home. Y/n agreed, a rather dumb choice, but he understood what the tight grip of fear could do to people. He found out all he had to know from them. Their family, friends, colleagues. It made his work all the easier. His main concern was not getting caught, by Y/n or anyone else. Galen hung the picture back on the wall. He would have to make sure no suspicion fell on you either. Another dark idea sprang into his mind, he had found his solution.

They couldn't suspect you if you yourself went missing now, could they?