𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟏 - 𝑲𝒂𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂

It wasn't fair.

Leander pulled himself out of the ground, nails collecting dirt as he crawled himself out of his grave. Forty days he had suffered through this torment, this night marked what he assumed must have been centuries. A desperate groan came out of his throat, devolving into anguished sobs as he dragged himself along the ground until he finally managed to rise to his feet. His tears hit the ground as he began to drag himself through the lonely streets. He scowled when he walked past the old church that stood in the town. He never liked remembering times like those. He had learned from his mistakes, but they never truly listened.

His misery was interrupted when his eyes fell onto a person. A beautiful, breathing and content human. Their modern day attire, backpack and map on their person. They looked happy with life.

And it only angered him beyond belief.

His fists clenched as hid cold body dragged himself toward them. His arms outstretched  towards them. The person turned to look at him, their eyes widened. Their beautiful wide eyes that were so full of life. His envy was through the roof, his completely white eyes staring into theirs. But all that rage and contempt melted away

"Are you okay?"

It stunned Leander.  He expected people to run and scream, try and kill him. No words came out of the mans dead throat as he towered over the tourist. Carefully, they moved closer to him. He wished they hadn't, he wished they would have just ran screaming and running so he wouldn't have to feel guilt. So he wouldn't have to think too much about what he was now. His voice cracked, it hadn't been used in so long he had almost forgotten how to talk.

"No..."

A frown showed on their lips, and he couldn't help but lean in closer. "Do i need to call help?" They asked. "No," he breathed once more. "Not.... not anymore." The undead man had a careful smile on his face. "It's far too late to save me, nothing can anymore." Confusion spread across their face, and he sensed they were wary about him. It's not like he could blame them. "Do you believe in ghosts?" He sheepishly asked. "I do now," they replied, a silly  yet welcomed attempt at a joke. "You.." Leander chuckled as he shook his head, his stiff neck cracking. He absolutely didn't want to scare you off, but his solitude really did a number on him. "Let me join you," he said. "I will protect you."

They raised a brow. "Why would i need your protection?" Leander leaned in closer. "Did you think i was the only one like me?" It was a bit of a lie, he hadn't seen many others like him. But he wanted to be next to them so badly, he couldn't bear being alone any longer. "No matter," he said as his vocal muscles loosened up more. "I am going with you, even if it's to the end of the world."

That seemed to really caught them off guard. "We just met." Leander let out a crackling scoff. "No matter, you can't get rid of me." The hate of the townsfolk and living in the ground was a hell he'd enjoy leaving behind. The living human sighed before turning on her heel.

"Let's go home."

[This vampiric demonic spirit's name means vampire. It is created when an evil person or someone who has been excommunicated by the church dies. This spirit inhabits the body and for the next 40 days is able to occupy the corpse and use it to attack islanders. It must be found, decapitated, and the head boiled in vinegar within this 40 day window after which it is indestructible.]

[I tried a different POV]