three

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

'  𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟒, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑  'Death Row Studios ━━━━𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐈𝐎 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄Los Angeles, California

Death Row Studios ━━━━
𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐈𝐎 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄
Los Angeles, California .ᐟ

❛ HIT MY   PHONE. ❜

"I don't want to work with her." The high-pitched voice belonging to Michel'le exclaimed with narrowed eyes "Why can't it just be my song? It's been four years since my last album and I think it's time."

It was late in the afternoon and Dre had a track that he wanted both Michel'le and Toni to work on claiming that it'll bring exposure. It was called Hang Tyme. Toni liked the beat and thought it was hot but so far they haven't reached anywhere as Michel'le was adamant about the song only being hers.

After getting to know the crew, Toni just spent the rest of the day in the studio, figuring out what sound she liked and what she wanted as an artist.

There were only four people in the booth it being Toni, Dre, Michel'le, and Kurupt. Toni was cool with Kurupt and enjoyed his company, as for Michel'le she just made things harder and harder for the girl to properly get to know her.

You're probably wondering where Daz was right? well, the man was busy producing music for other artists at the moment and even if he was there—there wasn't gonna be a moment where he and Toni wouldn't end up playfully arguing like siblings.

"Look, it's not like I'm beggin' you to work with me so can we move along 'cause I got songs of my own that I wanna do." Toni bluntly states crossing her arms. Kurupt's eyes grew wide at Toni's words before snickering to himself.

Since yesterday Toni told Dre about a few songs she's written and wanted to see if it was worthy of becoming singles. The most he was impressed by was Hit My Phone a playful, party-type song that she wrote in about five minutes. She had a certain sound she wanted the sound to be a heavy g-funk-type beat and Dre was just the guy to make it work.

As of now, Toni has never been pushed to great frustration and just hearing Michel'le's ongoing bickering ticked her off "Man forget about the duet—I don't even know why I try, Toni head in the booth...let's start with Hit My Phone." Dre orders causing Michel'le to scoff before storming out of the studio.

Beats me. Toni paid no mind to Michel'le's little tantrum walking into the booth. Grabbing the headphones, she placed them over her ears, and with a thumbs up, Dre pressed play.

Closing her eyes, Toni allowed the melody to take over her before rapping "Ay, posted, toasted, hangin' at the back made money all year, make a toast with the 'gac. Window to the wall, throw it back, throw it back. And if I leave with him, he gon' eat it for a fact. I seen a lot of fuck shit, but I'ma let it slide I got it in my system, now I'm really tryna ride I don't know if it's us Aquarius that just like to have fun and ain't scared to fuck."

Her lyrical tone came out smooth with hints of assertiveness. It just came naturally to her "Ayy, ayy I'm feelin' kinda tipsy, come and get me. You can hit it in the party if you're feelin' risky. I got all these niggas mad 'cause they where you wanna be on the dance floor, rubbin' all on my body. Now tell them hoes back-back, give you fifty feet before you look at him, you know I'm the one you see."

Opening her eyes when she saw the two men nodding their heads along to her words, with a smile she finished the verse "He told me I get crazy when I get up on the yak nah, I just never play with bitches like that. I be drinkin' out the bottle and I need a mouthful and I know I'm from the south, but you need your goggles party like a vato, shots of the Blanco guaranteed to knock a nigga up out his Zapatos. I'm tryna make it home, but you lookin' so good I would pull it out your pants, right now if I could but you know everything I do gon' make it to the net so guess I can wait until I get you to the bed."

The song was fairly explicit and mainly talked about sex and getting a bit too lit to secure a relationship but Toni wrote it so it wasn't much of a surprise. The beat eventually came to an end with Toni feeling somewhat satisfied.

Taking off the headphones she glanced at Dre and then at Kurupt "How's that?"

Dre answered with a thumbs up to which Kurupt just stared with his jaw dropped. upon exiting the booth Toni turned to Dre "Somethin's missing. Like we need a singer. So I was thinkin' for the second verse, chorus, and refrain since I ain't got the pipes like Whitney we should get somebody dope to sing it—I would say Michel'le could but I don't think she likes me that much. Dre, can you hit up one of your producer friends and see who they can find?" She asks in a pleading tone.

Keeping his eyes on the soundboard as he changed a few things up Dre answered "I gotchu."

With a satisfied grin, Toni sat next to Kurupt "So what you think about the track?" She asked to which he turned facing her.

"You killed that shit." He compliments causing her smile to grow even wider. Toni was seeing Kurupt more and more as a friend and hoped that it would stay that way because the industry could become a grimy place.

"Thank you, it means a lot." She smiled.

It grew quiet before Kurupt chose to speak up once again "Have you ever thought about a stage name, like an alias or alter ego for your debut, something that'll leave a mark?"

Toni nods "Yeah, I told myself that if I made it in the industry I'll call myself just Toni or Tina Snow." Tina Snow, the name itself was inspired by UGK or Underground Kingz second hand in command Pimp C also known by his alter ego Tony Snow.

She was a really big fan of UGK since they came from Houston like herself and they were putting Houston on the map that was something she found inspiring due to South rap normally not being taken seriously whenever it came to rap in general.

Kurupt let out a low hum "Tina snow, it has a nice ring to it—I fuck with it. But why Tina Snow though."

"Tina Snow, she's laid back, cool, she's on some pimp shit. She's like the raw side of me that don't give a damn. And it's Tina Snow they gotta love her 'cause she's cold." She states with a laugh coincidentally saying the lyrics to her future 1994 summer hit Big Ol Freak "If that ain't a great enough answer I don't know what is."