four

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

'  𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑  'The Mauretania Apartments ━━━━𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄Los Angeles, California

The Mauretania Apartments ━━━━
𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄
Los Angeles, California .ᐟ

❛ THIS IS MINE? ❜

"Can I take these off now?" Toni asks while her hands reach to take off the blindfold only for Kurupt to stop her.

"Not yet or else you'll ruin the surprise." After a busy day of recording, writing, and creating new material Toni was suddenly whisked away by Suge Knight and Kurupt who accompanied him for some surprise he had for her.

Before she could even ask what it was a blindfold was immediately placed over her eyes followed by her being placed in a limo. Am I being kidnapped was something she jokingly asked but knew not to push as she'd heard some stuff regarding her CEO.

So far she's managed to walk down steps without falling, taking multiple turns before bumping into something wooden (because of Kurupt who can't seem to follow directions clearly) until they eventually entered something and stopped.

"You can take it off now." Suge's gruff voice spoke out with approval and that is all it took for her to mumble finally before taking the blindfold off.

Once it was off she adjusted her eyes to the natural light before it widened "Wow this is really nice." Looking around the obvious luxurious penthouse she wondered what they were doing there because one: she didn't live there, and two: she couldn't afford it.

"The question is what are we doing here?" She continued to look around the place before stopping "Man the view up here is incredible." She walks over to the large window front in amazement.

"Well, you'll be seeing it a lot more since this place is yours," Suge added with a chuckle causing her to turn around in shock. What did he mean by it was hers? This entire penthouse was hers. A fully furnished penthouse, all hers. She just couldn't believe it.

"You're kidding." She did not believe him one bit finding the idea crazy almost. But once she saw him hold the key up for her to take "You didn't have to...but thank you so much." Naturally, she pulled him into a small hug right before taking the keys.

"No problem—no you can go ahead and cancel that reservation you made at that hotel." He also adds.

"How did you.—" She didn't specify where she was staying and wondered how did he know.

"I know many things, Toni." He vaguely answers alluding to an even bigger mystery than there is.

Kurupt suddenly brings an arm around Toni's shoulder "Less questions, and more checking out your place 'cause it is hot!"

Who would've thought that in three days Toni would be living in the historical Mauretania Apartments? Although she did have some questions regarding how she'd be able to pay for things, Suge just told her that he'd handle it all. So as of now, she was just living in the moment.

• • •

"So how's it going?" Suge Knight asks the Stylist who stood next to him. After the big reveal of the penthouse plus Range Rover. Toni felt like she was living the dream, literally, and thought the day couldn't get better but then she had to go meet the stylist and figure out what she wanted her image to be which made the day even more interesting.

Kurupt ended up having to head back to the studio which ended their short-lived tour of the penthouse. Before he left, she made sure to make a mental note of reminding herself to bring the others to her new place.

"Well." The woman began watching as hairstylists tried to figure out what style they should give the Houston native as a start. She just continued to study how she reacted through the vanity mirror "She's very country...but in a good way. She's got an obvious edge to her and looks like she's not afraid of color based on her nails. I can work with that."

"Do your magic and let me know what happens." Was all the man said bride leaving for some unsaid business.

"So what do you want us to do with your hair?" The hairstylist asks while playing with a few strands here and there.

Toni just looked at her reflection "Well I want to experiment with a lot of colors but without the risk of damaging my natural hair." She loved color and wasn't afraid to wear whatever shade she chose but the risk of damaging her curls which she loved too much was at a high chance.

"So wigs?" She added answering the question.

"Yes exactly."

"Well Toni, from what I can tell you're confident and content in yourself and aren't afraid to test the waters, and based on what you told us earlier we have some pieces and hair choices to match." The woman who was there the entire time spoke up.

Toni looked up at her with a small smile "Coi it's like you read my mind."

Coi Raye was a relatively known stylist within the Los Angeles scene having styled Snoop Doggy Dogg, Tha Dogg Pound, Mary J. Blige, Michel'le, and much more. Being from Dallas gave the two women a sense of familiarity as they were from the same state. It was also her fashion sense that assured Toni in the fact that she was making the right choice in working with her. A fusion of a pixie cut and mullet gave her a bit of an edge, followed by the leather mixed with other pieces of fabric. Toni thought she was cool and she had the personality to match which made it even better.

"It's my job to know my client's needs and wants." She laughs.

"So what made you want to become a stylist? It came out curious as Toni genuinely wanted to know. She watched as Coi began pulling out racks filled with various designer clothing and fabrics.

"I became a stylist because I realized that there weren't people who were out there that looked like me and weren't catering to tall black women with curves so I decided why not be the first. It wasn't easy I'll admit but just knowing I did my job to the fullest made it all worth it." Coi answered honestly as there was no reason to lie. She loved what she did and it made her genuinely happy so in a way she hoped that it would influence fellow girls and women who looked like her to never be scared to follow their dreams.

"See this is why I like you...you ain't afraid to keep it real." Coi smiled at that knowing that it was the truth.

"And that I do. Now let's get into these pieces because I got some good ideas for your upcoming project." The remainder of the day went well and it ultimately gave Toni an idea of what title she wanted her album to have.