two

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

'  𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑  'Death Row Records ━━━━WELCOME TO THE FAMILYLos Angeles, California

Death Row Records ━━━━
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
Los Angeles, California .ᐟ

❛ NOT INTERESTED. ❜

"Already told Snoop this but I'm from Houston." She boasts with a proud smile. She will always represent being from Houston and the South as a whole because whenever it came to rappers from the South they were often overlooked and not taken seriously contrary to their West and East Coast peers.

"You're from the south? That's cool." Dre added causing Snoop to snort loudly. Common sense would tell you that she's from the South just by her accent.

"My parents weren't too keen on me rappin' as they wanted me to become a nurse but that's not what I wanted to do so packed my shit and here I am." It came out in a nonchalant tone but deep down inside Toni felt a little hurt that her parents wouldn't support her dream but was quick enough to want her living their dream.

"I'm sure it took a lot of courage to come here which is something I can respect." He then asks her a question that she was confident about answering "Now that you're signed to death row, what are your plans?"

"Honestly making music, I just wanna get my music out there and do what I do best which is rap." She hadn't created a top-level plan on what she wanted to do honestly, the only thing on her mind was making music.

Before Dre could respond the sound of a high-pitched voice followed by the door opening caused all eyes to land on who walked in "Who's this?" Michel'le made her presence known, her light-colored eyes glancing at Toni's with curiosity as she closed the door behind her. She offered the girl a smile before looking at Dre and Snoop who paid attention elsewhere.

Snoop was not about to insert himself into girl drama just so he could be the one who ended up getting cursed out, so he did what he knew best roll a blunt and mind his business.

"Before you start, this is Toni and she's just been signed to Death Row. She was just telling us about herself." Dre clarifies before any drama could happen.

"Oh." It came out quietly whatever thoughts she was thinking came to an abrupt stop "Congratulations Toni. Sorry, I assumed you were just one of Snoops groupies." She narrowed her eyes, looking at Toni up and down who raised an eyebrow "My apologies."

"First off Toni ain't no damn pass around, she's an artist so treat her as such," Dre stated but it didn't cool down the brewing tension between the two women.

"Now why am I in it?" Snoop looks around by the mention of his name. He was just minding his business getting high when he's pulled into some shit. As if he didn't already have enough shit to deal with.

With a nod, Toni offered Michel'le a form of respect "Look, let me make a few things clear since there's a lil' confusion. You don't know me but I can gladly let you know how I get down. I ain't no groupie, so what you thought of me ain't true." She smiled dead in the woman's face "Now let's start over—I'm Toni and it's nice to meet you Michel'le."

One thing about Toni is that she wasn't the one to take anyone's bullshit. She can be a very nice person and will always show a stranger a bit of Southern hospitality but that hospitality can get nasty if someone tries her.

It grew silent in the studio as nobody knew what the say due to Toni's calm yet brutal warning. Michel'le continued to eye Toni who gladly eyed her back before clearing her throat "My apologies...it's nice meeting you too I guess."

Toni was not about to let anybody try to walk over her or bully her so if anybody had issues with her they could just say it to her face.

The sound of repeated knocking followed by hushed voices came to an abrupt stop as two young males entered the studio. Both wearing matching baggy attire which almost reminded Toni of twins looked around, their eyes landing on her immediately. The two males in question were the duo that was known to many as Tha Dogg Pound which consisted of Daz Dillinger and Kurupt.

"Word on the street is Suge signed this fine ass chick that everybody's talking about so me and Kurupt came here to see if it was true and damn...you are like the hood Naomi Campbell." One out of the duo it being Daz swoons "Names Daz Dillinger but you can call me Daz for short."

"Nice to meet you Daz, I'm Toni." She introduces. She wanted to laugh when he called her the hood Naomi Campbell but chose to keep her composure.

"Ignore this nigga, I'm Kurupt." The other one who came in with Daz slightly pushed him out of the way. Extending his hand, Toni shook it with a smile. His strong Philly accent stood out to her as it gave her the ease of not being the only person who was not from California.

"It's nice meetin' you both," She said before Daz brought himself over to her once again.

"As I was saying before I got rudely interrupted, how about we take this elsewhere." Daz jokingly asked seductively lifting his thick eyebrows.

"Not interested." She raised a hand stopping him before he could move closer "But business-wise we can." She added causing his jaw to drop.

"Close your mouth before flies land in it." Kurupt shakes his head at Daz who mean mugs him "Can't you see she ain't interested."

"Before y'all start hogging her even more, we need to start thinking about Toni's music—hence why imma be honest and say to all the guys in here that we like your personality and think you're dope. From what I've seen earlier you ain't taking nobody's shit and will gladly handle em' which is something you'll need especially in this industry." Snoop low-key sent shade towards Michel'le without realizing it since Toni did tell her how it was.

Michel'le who stood there quietly the entire time rolled her eyes and swiftly left the studio. Toni mentally cheered bye she did not want to deal with her shit today, especially on the day she just gotten signed.

"Just be yourself Toni, and if anybody tries to mess with you we'll handle 'em since they now fuckin' with Death Row," Kurupt assures with a nod.

Just hearing that made her feel somewhat invincible but all that would soon fade as the years went by.

For now, Toni felt comfortable, she met the guys finding some of them to be the word chaotic itself while having to defend herself due to people judging her before they even knew her. So far everything was cool but it was a matter of time before it all changed in an instant.