Chapter 30

Never Broken Again

Never Broken Again

"AMORE?" I picked up when I saw her beautiful picture light up my screen. I was ecstatic to hear from her even though she left not that long ago.

"I have bad news" I was nervous, I had never heard her this concerned before.

"What is it?" I dropped the pen in my hand and sat up a little straighter. My heart was beating fast.

"I figured out who bombed my warehouse...Roman... it was your father. He also threatened to do much more if I don't leave you" I felt my heart drop to my ass. I hadn't heard from him since he had come over and we had an intense argument.

"Roman? Are you still there, chéri?" Her lovely voice spoke. I had zoned out for a moment. (Darling)

"Yes, sorry. I'm still here." I spoke after blinking a few times. "But why would he do that?"

"Isn't it obvious? He doesn't like me" She chuckled trying to make the situation lighter. But I couldn't stop the worry going through me. It looks like I'd have to give my father a call. 

"I'll call you later, amore. Okay?" I spoke into the phone after some comfortable silence. 

"Don't do anything stupid, Roman. Please stay safe" Her soft voice spoke into my ears. She still held power over me even though she's thousands of miles away. 

"I won't." I chuckled into the phone. We stayed silent for a few seconds, I leaned back in my office chair just hearing her soft breathing. "I love you so much" 

I could feel the grin on her face, "I love you more, darling" 

My screensaver of a family picture lit up after she hung up. The twins smiled brightly as they clung onto both of our legs. She smiled at me and I smiled at her. Truly happy. 

Although I would love to sit here all day and daydream about my French goddess, I had work piling up all around my office. Shipment plans, contracts I had yet to read through, and somehow Sage's homework had also ended up on my desk. 

I let out a huge sigh and got to work. 

──────✧❅✦❅✧────── 

It had been hours since I started and I got ahead of many of the documents. Slowly with Alex's help, I organized them all in my cabinets. 

"Want some?" Alex said as he poured a bit of whiskey into a glass cup. I nodded rubbing my forehead. 

"We don't have much left, I think this could be left for another day" He placed the glass cup in front of me and sat down in the leather chair in front of my desk. "A hard days reward" 

He chuckled until he saw the concerned look on my face, "Trouble in paradise?" 

"No, everything with Snow has been great. It's something else that I just can't get my head around" I took a sip out of the glass.