𝐒𝐈𝐗

After successfully putting the crowned prince under a love spell, Mal should've been totally focused on the plan she and the other VKs had concocted. But her best friend was making that very difficult.

While everyone else's eyes were on the players on the field, Evie seemed to only have eyes for a certain redhead sitting further down in the bleachers. When she wasn't cheering on Ben, she was glancing over to see Evie looking like she was in her own little world. Even more suspicious was that she'd caught Honey also looking back at Evie more than a few times.

Mal was no fool. Deep down she didn't want to admit it, knowing it could potentially throw a wrench in their plan, but it was obvious to her that there was something between Evie and Honey. At first, Mal had just thought Evie was attracted to the girl's naturally sunny aura and positive vibes, but now she saw it was so much more than that.

It was the little things. How Evie couldn't stop talking about Honey even when she was nowhere near them. The longing stares as they passed each other in the hallway. The way they both blushed whenever their hands touched. They were both crushing hard and it drove Mal insane.

On the one hand, Mal was over the moon that Evie found someone who made her feel happy and loved. Honey wasn't Evie's first crush, but she was the first crush Mal actually approved of, knowing she would treat her with the respect she deserved but so often never received. On the other hand, however, they came to Auradon for one reason and one reason only – to steal Fairy Godmother's wand so they could free all the villains and take over the world. Relationships and romantic feelings had the potential to screw all of that up. Evie was getting attached – and attachments were dangerous.

Honey didn't share that sentiment, though. Between cheering for the Auradon Knights and chatting with her dad, Honey found her mind and eyes wandering to Evie. At this point, she couldn't ignore her feelings even if she wanted to, and boy did she want to. Not because she thought her crush was dangerous in any way, but because she was scared. The last crush she had was Audrey, and obviously that didn't work out. And anyone else who'd shown any interest in her only used her to get close to Ben before dropping her like trash. Evie seemed different, a lot nicer than any of the Auradon kids despite her upbringing. But, still, she was scared history would repeat itself.

Honey, after finally tearing her eyes away from Evie, nearly burst out laughing as she noticed the crazed expression on her father's face. Everyone else around them seemed to be jittery with excitement as well, but none could hold a candle to Hubert Baker. It was down to the wire; they were running out of chances to get ahead of the other team before time ran out. The anticipation was absolutely eating Hubert alive.

"Papa, you act as though you've never been to a tourney game before," Honey managed through a fit of giggles.

"It's the first game of the season! Besides, gotta show some support for Ben and your new little friends," he said, gesturing over to Jay and Carlos as they had just been taken off the bench and put in the game.