Happy Progress Day!

Thursday, February fourth; nightfall.

The toxic and yet fresh air of the Lanes is present in every corner of every alleyway of this city. One could say the atmosphere around is the main cause of the chaos that embraces this place. Greed, envy, anger, fear, there's not enough words to describe the horrors that stalk every step of its inhabitants.

A man wearing a black hood and dark clothes is walking around the streets of the city known as Zaun, the hood on his head covers his face, and only a few traces of pale red hair are visible. He is currently making his way through the multitude, blending into the citizens.

After a year of fighting against the injustice, I still can't tell if I am making the difference. Realizing i can't be everywhere everytime someone needs me, I move between the crowds, walk along with them, hiding in plain sight, waiting for some poor desperate soul to cry out for help.

A group of thugs can be seen, stalking a old lady, following her to a dead end.

And I know they know I'm here, waiting for the right moment to show up and make them pay, it is to the point their minds get infested with fear. They end up thinking I could be anywhere in the darkness, staring at the immense abyss, waiting for their god to come and judge their actions.

The four thugs ambush the old lady, and one of them threatens her with a sharp broken piece of glass. -"Give up everything you got, bitch." The woman tries to resist, causing the thugs to knock her down to the ground. -"C'mon, take everything away." One of them say as they rush in stripping away the lady's belongings.

But they should know by now...

Loud sounds of footsteps can be heard from the alley's entry. The thugs let go of the poor elder and turn around to face the dark backstreet.

That is a work for the devil.

A man wearing a black hood emerges from the darkness, slowly walking to the criminals. -"Yo, what's up whit this motherfucker". Their mocking doesn't seem to be taking effect on the man, he only keeps walking forward, quietly.

Four men, one of them has a weapon.

-"Go get him, Jon". Says one of the thugs to the one with the "knife". He dashes forward the mysterious man, attempting to stab him in the core, but the hooded man grabs his wrist, he gives him a punch in the face, followed by a kick in the right knee, causing him to fall to his knees and drop the fractured glass, the man punches him repeatedly in the face until the thug lays unconscious on the ground.

-"The fuckin daredevil, man! I'm outta here" says one of the thugs before running away, but before he could scape, he gets knocked out by the impact of a rock at his head, thrown by the man in black.

The two remaining criminals are completely freaked out by the stranger's presence, but to them is not relevant, they know what the destiny of whoever that gets cornered by the devil of the Lanes is. Doing their best to fade away the fear, both thugs charge one after the other against their enemy.

The first one throws a right hook to his face, but the man blocks the attack and grabs his arm and twists it, breaking it, and pulls him near him and slides above his back to kick the second raider in the face, sending him to the ground.

The hooded man slowly turns around to see the first robber crying out of pain for his broken limb, merciless, the man in black punches him in the gut and then slams his head on the floor, leaving him unconscious.

The second thug reaches his back, and in a attempt to lock him up from behind, he ends up removing the hood from his head, revealing the guy's half covered face, for he has a black mask covering the upper part of his head, only leaving the mouth and a part of the nose exposed.