The Man Without Fear

After a few seconds of descent, the change in the environment was notorious for y/n, he was no longer in the quiet city at the top, he had descended once more to the seventh ring, to his home, to the Lanes.

The blind man walked through the streets of the city, they have always been moved, but they had some order, now with the new chain of command, the movement was out of sync and chaotic, the fraternity that once existed had been lost.

The noise that abounded in all directions was annoying to him, after the 'incident', y/n had become too sensitive to sound waves, even if he concentrated to reduce his perception, it was still too loud.

Been a while since I came here during the day. I forgot about all the noise.

The redhead continued walking through the crowded streets, like a stranger among the masses.

-
-
-

After being released by the sheriff, the brunette found her way back home, it was time to give a report to her not-so-nice boss.

Sevika removed her hood and glanced at the signboard of the place.

The last drop.

She got in and made her way to the administrator's office. There she found him, her boss, the master mind behind the entire shimmer operation in the city. Zaun's man of progress, Silco. He knew she had entered the place, but didn't turn around from his chair.

She sat down on a chair nearby and opened a bottle she took from the bar -"She fired on us." The brunette stated.

-"There are always mishaps in battles." He nonchalantly said while checking on some paperwork.

-"The firelights were her target and most are dead."

-"It wasn't a mishap, she froze up and lost her shit." She complained -" I could've handled those brats. She's a problem and we all know it."

-"We?" He asked -"Who's we?" He turned to face her, he inspected her bad state with his red and black eye -"I expect better from you than excuses. It was your job to make sure things went smoothly. Instead, you return empty-handed, half dead, beaten up by a single, unarmed man."

He glared at her intensively.

-"You failed, don't disappoint me again. Go and have those wounds checked, see what can be done about that arm of yours."

The woman didn't bother to answer, she just grunted and exited the office.

-"The world's growing smaller every day, thanks to the hexgates." Silco seemed to be talking to himself, he took a syringe from his desk and examined it -"And now we're cut off." He said as he assembled the syringe with a needle.

-"The topsiders are leaving us further and further behind." He stared at the toxic sky of the city through the window -"What happened?" He asked to no one, apparently.

-"She already told you." A feminine voice coming from the roof was heard -"I'm asking you." A big thud rumbled on his desk after he spoke.

-"One of those firelight wackos was a girl. With pink hair..." The voice, now revealed to be the crazy blue haired girl from before, jumped down the roof and landed on his desk before responding.

The pale man hummed while turning fully to see her, she was curled up on herself, he handed her the syringe and she got closer to inject it on his dark globe -"Your sister's gone, you know that as well as I do."

-"I know, I know. Sisters, right?" She nervously said while playing around with the syringe -" Can't live with 'em, can't stuff 'em back in the ol' babymaker."