1.2

THE VICE PRINCIPAL GETS A MISSILE LAUNCHER

I didn't know what kind of monster Dr. Thorn was, but he was fast.

Maybe I could defend myself if I could get my shield activated. All that it would take was a touch of my wrist-watch. But defending the di Angelo kids was another matter. I needed help, and there was only one way I could think to get it.

"Percy Jackson Admitting he needs help?" Annabeth gasped. "The world must be ending!!"

"I can admit when I need help!!" Percy cried out making Thalia snort.

"Yeah and Regulus can admit when he's not okay." Percy glared as a scowl formed on Regulus' face.

"I wasn't even in the conversation..."

I closed my eyes.
"What are you doing, Jackson?" hissed Dr. Thorn. "Keep moving!"

I opened my eyes and kept shuffling forward. "It's my shoulder," I lied, trying to sound miserable, which wasn't hard. "It burns."

"Bah! My poison causes pain. It will not kill you. Walk!" Thorn herded us outside, and I tried to concentrate.

"Did he just admit-never mind.." Narcissa tsked shaking her head. Though she was displeased by the life her cousin was secretly living she couldn't help but be concerned. This was her little cousin, the same one who wanted to steal stars from the sky, the same one who cried before any punishment in fear of getting in trouble. Contrary to popular belief Regulus Black's heart was fragile, damn near made of glass and when he gave it to someone he trusted them to protect it though they always end up shattering it in the end.

Glancing where her cousin sat laughing Narcissa sighed. She only hoped they would protect what her family couldn't.

I pictured Grover's face. I focused on my feelings of fear and danger. Last summer, Grover had created an empathy link between us.

He'd sent me visions in my dreams to let me know when he was in trouble. As far as I knew, we were still linked, but I'd never tried to contact Grover before. I didn't even know if it would work while Grover was awake.

"Nah he was trying anything on that mission huh?!?" Nicos said making Percy laugh slightly. "I knew it was going to work."

"How..?"

"Because I'm Percy Jackson of course."

Hey, Grover! I thought. Thorn's kidnapping us! He's a poisonous spike-throwing maniac! Help!
Thorn inarched us into the woods. We took a snowy path dimly lit by old-fashioned lamplights. My shoulder ached. The wind blowing through my ripped clothes was so cold that I felt like a Percysicle.