1.5

I PLACE AN UNDERWATER PHONE CALL

I'd never seen Camp Half-Blood in winter before, and the snow surprised me.

See, the camp has the ultimate magic climate control. Nothing gets inside the borders unless the director, Mr. D, wants it to. I thought it would be warm and sunny, but instead, the snow had been allowed to fall lightly. Frost covered the chariot track and the strawberry fields. The cabins were decorated with tiny flickering lights, like Christmas lights, except they seemed to be balls of a real fire. More lights glowed in the woods, and weirdest of all, a fire flickered in the attic window of the Big House, where the Oracle dwelt, imprisoned in an old mummified body. I wondered if the spirit of Delphi was roasting marshmallows up there or something.

"That sounds so pretty!!" Marlene cried out making percy nod.

"It was- well besides the fact that we drove a bus into it."

"Whoa," Nico said as he climbed off the bus. "Is that a climbing wall?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Why is there lava pouring down it?"
"Little extra challenge. Come on. I'll introduce you to Chiron. Zoe, have you met—"

"I know Chiron," Zoe said stiffly. "Tell him we will be in Cabin Eight. Hunters, follow me."

"I'll show you the way," Grover offered.

"We know the way."

"Oh, really, it's no trouble. It's easy to get lost here if you don't"—he tripped over a canoe and came up still talking—"like my old daddy goat used to say! Come on!"

Zoe rolled her eyes, but I guess she figured there was no getting rid of Grover. The Hunters shouldered their packs and their bows and headed off toward the cabins. As Bianca di Angelo was leaving, she leaned over and whispered something in her brother's ear. She looked at him for an answer, but Nico just scowled and turned away.

Regulus- who woke up a couple of minutes ago- looked at the screen with an unrecognizable glint in his eyes. Times and times again the black heir wondered just why he cared for Nico as he did but now he realized. Nico had reminded him of himself.

A boy who lost his innocence too quickly.

A boy who was made the subject to the horrors of the real world

"Take care, sweethearts!" Apollo called after the Hunters. Regulus looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here as he turned to me "Watch out for those prophecies, Jackson. I wish you luck."