1.3

BIANCA DI ANGELO MAKES A CHOICE

After seeing Dr. Thorn turn into a monster and plummet off the edge of a cliff with Annabeth, you'd think nothing else could shock me. But when this twelve-year-old girl told me she was the goddess Artemis, I said something real intelligent like, "Um... okay."

"nahhhh!!" Regulus had tears going down his eyes. "Why are you like this"

"In my defense how was I supposed to believe someone who looked like the belonged in 5th grade was the goddess of hunt." Turning sheepishly at Artemis he flinched under her glare. "No offense.."

That was nothing compared to Grover. He gasped, then knelt hastily in the snow and started yammering, "Thank you, Lady Artemis! You're so... you're so... Wow!"

"Get up, goat boy!" Thalia snapped. "We have other things to worry about. Annabeth is gone!"

"Whoa," Bianca di Angelo said. "Hold up. Time out." Everybody looked at her. She pointed her finger at all of us in turn, like she was trying to connect the dots. "Who... who are you people?"

"She's just like me for real." Everyone turned to Marlene making the girl shrugged. "I mean I would've been so confused if I went to a dance just for it to end off with me almost being kidnapped. That half-blood shit sounds hard."

"Good thing your not one-ow!" Turning Evan glared at Dorcas making the girl roll her eyes."

"That's my girlfriend you twat!!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot."

Artemis's expression softened."It might be a better question, my dear girl, to ask who are you!Who are your parents?"
Bianca glanced nervously at her brother, who was still staring in awe at Artemis.

"Our parents are dead," Bianca said. "We're orphans. There's a bank trust that pays for our school, but..."
She faltered. I guess she could tell from our faces that we didn't believe her.
"What?" she demanded. "I'm telling the truth."

"You are a half-blood," Zoe Nightshade said. Her accent was hard to place. It sounded old-fashioned, like she was reading from a really old book. "One of thy parents was mortal. The other was an Olympian."

"An Olympian... athlete?"

"No," Zoe said. "One of the gods."

"Cool!" said Nico.

"It is in fact not cool," Nico grumbled. "I don't know what younger me was thinking."

"Well younger you still had your innocence baby neeks" Regulus frowned. "Unfortunately everyone has to face reality someday."

Sirius frowned at his brother's words. What the hell was he talking about? Regulus lived in ignorance and bliss with their wacky parents all because he was scared!!