1.10

I BREAK A FEW ROCKET SHIPS

I tore across the Mall, not daring to look behind me. I burst into the Air and Space Museum and took off my invisibility cap once I was through the admissions area.

The main part of the museum was one huge room with rockets and airplanes hanging from the ceiling. Three levels of balconies curled around, so you could look at the exhibits from all different heights.

The place wasn't crowded, just a few families and a couple of tour groups of kids, probably doing one of those holiday school trips. I wanted to yell at them all to leave, but I figured that would only get me arrested. I had to find Thalia and Grover and the Hunters. Any minute, the skeleton dudes were going to invade the museum, and I didn't think they would settle for an audio tour.

I ran into Thalia—literally. I was barreling up the ramp to the top-floor balcony and slammed into her, knocking her into an Apollo space capsule.

"I-"

"Don't even" Regulus didn't even take his head off of Percy's shoulder yet Apollo could feel the glare the glare was targeting him making him pout."

"But Reggie-"

"No"

"But-"

"No"

People watched the interaction between the mortal and the god in surprise. Even though they've been here for a minute the group can't help but be surprised at the way Regulus acted.

Grover yelped in surprise.
Before I could regain my balance, Zoe and Bianca had arrows notched, aimed at my chest. Their bows had just appeared out of nowhere.

When Zoe realized who I was, she didn't seem anxious to lower her bow. "You! How dare you show thy face here?"

"Percy!" Grover said. "Thank
goodness."

Zoe glared at him, and he blushed. "I mean, um, gosh. You're not supposed to be here!"

"Luke," I said, trying to catch my breath.

"He's here."
The anger in Thalia's eyes immediately melted. She put her hand on her silver bracelet. "Where?"

I told them about the Natural History Museum, Dr. Thorn, Luke, and the General. "The General is here?" Zoe looked stunned. "That is impossible! You lie."

"Why would he lie about that?" Lily rolled her eyes at Zoe's words.  "Let's be serious now..."

"We can't all be-"

"Please shut up!" Remus glared at his boyfriend. "Stop with the jokes"

Sirius paused. "No need to be so serious moons"