1.6

AN OLD DEAD FRIEND COMES TO VISIT

The next morning after breakfast, I told Grover about my dream. We sat in the meadow watching the satyrs chase the wood nymphs through the snow. The nymphs had promised to kiss the satyrs if they got caught, but they hardly ever did. Usually the nymph would let the satyr get up a full head of steam, then she'd turn into a snow-covered tree and the poor satyr would slam into it headfirst and get a pile of snow dumped on him.

"Thats like Potter and Evans in a nutshell" People in the hall laughed at Barty's words while James potter flushed in embarrassment.

Sirius held in a laugh as he patted his sunken best friend on the back. "There there prongs"

When I told Grover my nightmare, he started twirling his finger in his shaggy leg fur. "A cave ceiling collapsed on her?" he asked.
"Yeah. What the heck does that mean?"

Grover shook his head. "I don't know. But after what Zoe dreamed—"

"Whoa. What do you mean? Zoe had a dream like that?"

"I... I don't know, exactly. About three in the morning she came to the Big House and demanded to talk to Chiron. She looked really panicked."

"Wait, how do you know this?"
Grover blushed. "I was sort of camped outside the Artemis cabin." "What for?"
"Just to be, you know, near them."

"we're stalking people now Grover?" Grover flushed at the words. "It's not like I have a crush on them or anything it's just that-"

"It's okay G-man," Said Percy. "We understand"

Grover sighed at Percy's words."Thanks, perc-"

"You totally wanted to stalk them to be closer to Artemis you stalker with hooves"

"Percy!!"

"You're a stalker with hooves."

"I am not! Anyway, I followed her to the Big House and hid in a bush and watched the whole thing. She got real upset when Argus wouldn't let her in. It was kind of a dangerous scene." I tried to imagine that. Argus was the head of security for camp—a big blond dude with eyes all over his body. He rarely showed himself unless something serious was going on. I wouldn't want to place bets on a fight between him and Zoe Nightshade.

"What did she say?" I asked.
Grover grimaced. "Well, she starts talking really old-fashioned when she gets upset, so it was kind of hard to understand. But something about Artemis being in trouble and needing the Hunters. And then she called Argus a boil-brained lout... I think that's a bad thing. And then he called her—"

"Whoa, wait. How could Artemis be in trouble?"

"I think thats what we're all thinking."

"no one cares about what your thinking Sirius."