{TFP} Optimus Prime x Elita One [angst]

Optimus POV

It has only been a few days since I became a prime; now that my name and title has been changed, everyone treats me differently. I was used to getting lots of work, but now that I have to lead the people, it was quite pressuring. It wasn't long until I heard a knock on the door. The door slid opened for me to see a pink-cybertronian behind it.

"Hey," Elita waved towards me, "You alright? You've been in here for a while."

I nodded, "I'm alright. Just....had some things on my mind lately."

Her smile turn into a frown. She was always compassionate about others; but she was always seemed to worry about me the most. She walked into the room and placed her hand in mine. She leaned against my arm as she looked over at me.

"You know you can tell me anything, Optimus." She said softly, "We are in a relationship after all."

I looked back at her, I couldn't help but blush slightly; she was so beautiful.

I sighed, "I- I just don't know if I'm worthy of this title."

"Of course you are!" She exclaimed almost immediately, "If anyone was worthy of this title, it's you."

My face darkened, I looked down at the desk filled with paperwork, "I just don't understand why they chose an archivist like me; they could have chosen a strong warrior like Megatronus, or a person that everyone adores.....like you..."

"Optimus...." She muttered. It pained me to see her so worried about someone like me. "You have no reason to feel like you're not worthy. You are the kindest person I've ever met, you're more than worthy." She then hugged my arm, "And that's why I love you."

I gazed at Elita for what seemed like an eternity, i then gave her a slight smile. "Elita, thank you." She smiled back, she then kissed me softly.

"Maybe we'll go somewhere by ourselves some day; only two of us." She suggested.

I smiled, "That would be wonderful."

~Timeskip~

The air was filled with the smell of blood. The screams of cybertronians being murdered were ringing in my ears; I struggled to keep my balance on the crooked ground.

"Optimus!" I heard a familiar voice yell out to me.

I looked ahead to see Elita sprinting towards me, "Elita-!" My sentence was cut off as I saw Elita being shot in the back. Her eyes widened in shock as blood spewed out of her mouth. I heard nothing else besides the thud of her body as it hit the ground.

"ELITA!" I quickly ran over to her and held her in my arms. My breathing was uneven, my hands were shaking as I stared at Elita's body in my arms. She turned her head towards me with the light in her eyes slowly fading.

".....Optimus...." She whispered, she coughed up blood, struggling to talk.

I panicked, my voice was shaky, "Don't talk- we need to get you to Ratchet quick, just-"

I stopped as Elita cupped my face with her hand. She had tears in her eyes, yet all she did was smile at me.

"Optimus.....thank you...." She started, "My life with you was all I could ask for....I'm sorry that it had to end this way..."

I couldn't stop the tears in my eyes from traveling down my face. I grasped her hand on my face, "I could say the same to you....Elita I'm sorry...if only I-"

"Don't apologize, " she cut me off. "I'm glad that out of all the ways I could have died....I'm dying in the arms of the person I love......"

She looked into my eyes and smiled.

"i love you..."

I struggled to get the words out of my mouth,

"I love you too..."

I brought her hand up to my lips to plant a kiss on the top of her hand. I felt her body go limp and the lights fading out of her eyes as her hand felt put of my grasp. I started to cry; with the woman I loved within my arms.