Chapter 3

October 30th

I know I haven't been writing. To be honest, after Granny Relda passed and we couldn't find The Beast, nothing new occurred. The Scarlet Hand pops up here and there but that's it. It's been over 4 and a half years since Granny Relda passed away. I finished studying pre-law at Pace University. Graduated top of my class. I've been studying for my Juris Doctorate for about 5 months now and it's crazy hard. I am a full time student and so I go to school during the summer as well. It's kind of frustrating because in the evenings I have about 500 things to do back at the castle. The people are still very generous when it comes to me. They love having me help rule the kingdom. About two years ago I found someone to teach the kids of Faerie so I could focus more on school.

Puck has been really needy as well. Every night he tends to hold onto me pretty tight. It's getting to the point where I don't even get five minutes to breathe. My studies are getting harder and harder and it's taking up more time so helping Puck with the kingdom is getting frustrating. Especially since Puck has been writing his own stories, however they aren't in journals. That little fart is writing books about our families adventures and he has hired a publisher. He's claiming that they are fiction, but that doesn't hide the fact that I'm going to have to kill him once people start reading them.

Well, I have to head to the kingdom and.....

Sabrina heard a man clear his throat and she looked up and it was her professor.

"That doesn't LOOK like notes." The man sighed. It was Sabrina's professor. Sabrina was the only person in the class that was female and it freaked her out at the best of times, but her professor made it worse because he hated her. "Put it away." The man said this and Sabrina did. "now you can answer my question since you seem to feel confident enough to ignore my class." The man said this and Sabrina didn't know what he had asked and then her crime solving skills came in handy. She looked at the board and saw that it said, guilty or innocent. They were studying cases and to prepare herself Sabrina had studied all of the cases in the text book. She then noticed that the guy beside her had written down the name of the case and she remembered the ruling of it and then she heard a guy in the back whisper that Sabrina probably wouldn't be able to choose if the person was guilty or not, even if she did hear the question. That's when she answered the question she could only assume was asked.

"You know, there were a lot of people who believed that he was guilty, but after going over the case in detail I noticed a discrepancy in the case that adds reasonable doubt, which leads me to believe that he was in fact innocent." Sabrina replied and at first the professor looked shocked that Sabrina answered the question he had asked. Then he looked like Sabrina was being ridiculous and let out a laugh.

"There were no discrepancies in that case. I mean, if there were then there is a man in prison who is innocent. Trust me we have been studying this case in my classes for over ten years." The professor laughed and the rest of the men in the classroom laughed with him.

"Well then, in my opinion you have been wrong for over ten years." Sabrina replied and the professor looked to her in irritation. Just then the Dean of the school walked in with a few papers that he had for the professor.

"Well then what evidence do you have that I was wrong?" The professor asked and the Dean remained silent. Sabrina pulled out a folder and she then walked over to the professor.

"I believe you, along with the police and the judge overlooked something." Sabrina said and she pulled out two pieces of paper and faced them toward the professor and there were four highlighted areas in the eye witness testimonies. "All four of these testimonies, which is over half of the testimonies, stated that the perpetrator was taller than average."