Chapter 3

ᴡʜɪᴘʟᴀsʜ

ᴡʜɪᴘʟᴀsʜ

He awoke with a dull pain underlying the numbness in his right arm and was enveloped by the scent of lavender and trees, his room window was open. Half conscious, he wriggled his free arm to his bedside table and grabbed his phone to check the time.

"Shit." he gasped and sat up like a glitching corpse. The realization of yesterday's nightmare sparked in his mind and he groaned and rubbed his face down to his neck. If anything, he thought the goddess was against him for being weak and that was how she decided to punish him by also making him to forget how he ended up on his bed.

"Wallace?" his door swung open and he stared at his mother in surprise. She had her work outfit on but he wasn't used to her not leaving early.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" he tore his fingers through his hair in confusion.

"I missed your birthday yesterday." she came closer to him and he smiled ghostly to make her stop feeling sad. He was used to it. His parents worked hard at human town to make sure he lived properly and also to avoid the shame of their son being a weak wolf.

"It's fine." he laughed nervously when he thought of the next question she was going to ask him.

"Did you meet her?" she asked and he coughed, so hard that it hurt his chest. If only she knew, he thought.

"No," he lied suspiciously, avoiding his mother's worried look and got down from his bed. "I gotta get ready for school."

He walked into his bathroom, shutting the door behind him as he slid down to the ground with his face in his hands. On the usual occasion, he would have cried but he didn't want his mother asking questions so he sucked up his grief and washed himself up.

"Need me to drop you off?" his mother yelled from her new car.

"Negatory." he murmured, not caring if she heard and threw his skate board to the ground, skating away. There was no way he'd show his gratefulness by using his mom's old pre-birthday car gift. He still hated his parents for not being there for him, especially his dad.

"Foxy on the run!" he heard Sugar yell from behind him when he was a block away from school and he turned around with a wide grin.

"Sup?" he kicked up his board and exchanged their friendship handshake.

"You disappeared from our party last night." she glared at him and he stared at her confused. If she wasn't the one who brought him home, who did?

"That's one way to start my day." he laughed nervously, avoiding her cute unwavering eyes.

"There's something off..." she trailed and he watched in amusement as her eyes traveled around his body. "Your hair is not dyed!" she hollered excitingly and his hand reached for his hair in realization.

"I forgot I guess." he walked into the school gate with her dawdling behind him.

"That's so not you. You didn't meet her and she isn't Hikaru?" she asked and his heart fell at the pronoun she used. Telling her the truth would be like walking past an adorable dumpster baby. It was so hard.

"Yeah, you?" he retorted and she sighed and nodded.

People like him and her were probably meant to have difficulties, he thought.

"He's probably from the blood moon pack or the Alpha King's pack. I'm happy I wasn't paired with Tristan, he's a cocky asshole." his wolf pushed through his body and blared his fangs against her. "Whoa whoa whoa, what'd I do?" she asked in shock.

"Nothing I.., gotta head to class." he blinked off his trance and walked away like his bladder was at its peak. Controlling his wolf was not an easy task so he wished he wouldn't be challenging anyone who'd speak ill of Tristan. Though, that wouldn't be a problem considering Sugar was the only girl who wasn't swayed by his annoying charms.

"Shit just keeps getting better." he sighed when he checked the class he had on the schedule pasted in his locker. Mating. He despised the class so much and even despised it more when he remembered Tristan would be sitting next to him.

He reluctantly dragged his feet to the class, silently praying inwardly when Tristan was not on his seat. His knees practically danced vertically on their own as he sat down, scribbling down whatever the fuck Ms Jane was writing.

"Kind of you to join us early Mr Tristan." his eyes turned to the right and he locked eyes with him, his supposed soulmate. Every air in his lungs felt trapped and so did his body. For every step that Tristan took towards him, he just couldn't take his eyes off.

"So for today's example, yesterday's birthday celebrant should explain to the class how he felt when he met his soulmate." his heart leapt through his belly as he stood up slowly.

"I..." he stuttered. Like everyone else had disappeared and it was just the two of them, like he could imagine how a single touch could bring out the beast inside him, like their lips brushing could conquer an entire nation.

"Were you too much of a pussy to approach her?" a voice hollered and the class roared in aggressive laughter. He couldn't control his head as he turned to see Tristan's reaction.

He hated himself for it. It was like he wanted to know if Tristan felt the same way when he was supposed to be rejecting him by now. But why didn't Tristan reject him too?

He felt lonely as he stood there trying to gather himself with silent traitor tears running down his face. Tristan had a ghost smile on his face. It was like he had a turn on from watching him suffer.

"Stop laughing all of you." Ms Jane tried to make him feel better like a make-a-wish kid but to his disdain, their voices increased.

Soon, he found himself walking out while ignoring his teacher's calls.

He stopped in front of the male's bathroom mirror and chuckled sadly when he started into his red already puffy eyes.

"I, Wallace Casen reject you-"

"What the fuck are you doing?" he was flipped around by Tristan who held him by the throat with a deadly look in his eyes.

"Let me go." he strained his voice in fear that he was going to get killed by his mate in a public bathroom.

"Just don't reject me." Tristan ordered and released him. He gasped greedily for air as he reached for his own throat to soothe the pain.

"You're fucking crazy!" Ace yelled in anger as he glared at Tristan.

"We need to talk." Tristan grunted as he stretched out Ace's bag that was left behind.

Ace nodded, thinking of whatever dreadful information he was about to receive.