Chapter 6

"What the fuck is wrong with you

"What the fuck is wrong with you." Ace yelled and his hands involuntarily pushed Tristan back, making him to crash into students who sat on the other side. Tristan adjusted himself while looking dumbfounded, he did not believe his wolf could force him to do that.

"I was aiming for Wallace, I'm sorry." he tried to reach out to Hikaru who had blood spilling from her nose like a waterfall but was shoved back again by Ace. "Don't you dare touch me." he attempted to intimidate Ace but was stopped by the whistle from their teacher.

"The both of you, with me." the teacher ordered with a red face and Ace gave Hikaru a second look before complying to walk behind Tristan. 

Ace had noticed they had reached their destination the moment they got off the bus and dropped his head in dismay when the other students walked around with the other teacher with bright smiles on their faces.

"What is the purpose of this trip?" Mr. Ravel asked with both arms crossed at his back.

"To learn more about the war that took place between us and vampires decades ago." Tristan hurriedly answered like the good student he was while Ace rolled his eyes.

"I've heard about the bad history you two have and I don't want such repeating during my class. So the both of you are gonna walk a hundred steps down into the woods while reflecting on the lingering hatred you have for each other. I'm gonna watch out out for your footsteps so don't think for a second you can fool me." he left the both them and joined the other students.

"Why'd you hit her?" Ace asked immediately they started their journey with his arms crossed as if he was ready for any fight that could ensue between them, not that he would win but at least he'd try to stand up to him for once.

"My wolf got out of control seeing that his mate was being tongue fucked by someone else." Tristan barley bared his fangs at Ace not to scare him completely but he flinched anyway, not because of the fangs, but because of the words he used bluntly.

"I thought we agreed on avoiding each other completely. You can't just go about hitting people you see me with, it's my fucking life." Ace dictated with a slightly raised voice.

"That was a mistake from my part and it won't happen again." Tristan grunted in a fake almost-apology and Ace rolled his eyes. They both walked together in awkwardness, very aware that the teacher had his ears out for their footsteps and there was no way he wanted his father to know he was disobeying.

"You do realize the more you do things that brings us together, the more our mate bond grows and soon it gets extremely hard to control our wolves." Ace pointed out, watching as Tristan sighed while angrily removing nearby shrubs from his skin.

"What's the worst that can happen? We can't go into heat mode, we aren't females." Ace's cheeks reddened when he heard the 'h' word and looked elsewhere so he wouldn't get noticed. He then begun to daydream about how it would feel like exchanging sweat with Tristan but that all disappeared the moment he was pulled back into a very strong torso and held tight.

"What are you doing?" Ace whispered in case his voice would fail him due to how two large hands were wrapped firmly around his tiny waist.

"There's someone here, I smell a rogue." Tristan whispered too on high alert. 

Ace tried to force his wolf to perceive the same smell but failed. He wasn't trained properly on that aspect or probably he didn't care because everyone saw him as a failure. Then again, it was his teacher's fault for giving the both of them a stupid-worth punishment.

"I think we should head back." Ace tried to move but Tristan still held him firmly.

"Be careful, rogues are extremely dange-" he didn't get to explain fully before a huge wild-looking wolf came rushing towards the both of them like an arrow shot from a blind distance.

The wolf raised his claws and attempted to slash at Ace but he was pushed with force from Tristan who shifted mid air with speed and countered the strike with his very own, claws deep into his eyes. The wild wolf retreated, whimpering slowly and Tristan shifted back, turning his attention to Ace who looked too flustered to say a word.

"Are you okay?" Tristan held his shoulders while scrutinizing his body for unwanted injuries. Ace nodded weakly, too stunned to speak or notice that Tristan had hugged him tightly because he was worried. 

And when his brain did acknowledge that, he wrapped his arms around him too, wondering what would have become of them if Tristan wasn't strong enough. He felt so ashamed of his weakness and too stupid to face him.

They pulled away awkwardly and Ace was the first to walk away while fighting the urge to punch himself in the face for losing his guard with Tristan. He could feel those hard tempting eyes behind him and for a moment, the stare affected the way he walked but he made sure to keep his composure until they reached the other students.

"That wasn't a hundred steps." Ace scoffed at Mr. Ravel and ignored him completely, making his way to where Sugar stood alone.

"We were attacked, by rogues." Tristan replied in a hero-like accent and smirked at the gasped and cheers he got from everyone, including their teachers.

"What a fucking pick-me boy." Ace sneered with his arms crossed and his face showing the biggest scowl. Nobody could acknowledge the fact that Tristan was not alone and did not bother to ask his role in the attack. Although he was useless, he needed someone to acknowledge him, anyone.

"Why's he taking all the applauses?" Sugar nudged Ace and he stared at her in surprise as if she could read his mind.

"I didn't fight with him, I guess." he shrugged and watched as she chuckled and stretched up to hold his face in both of her palms.

"You were a survivor still, okay? Don't let that ruin your mood." she ordered softly and he smiled down at her cuteness with gratefulness, knowing that the main reason for his annoyance was hugging the last person he had ever thought of touching. 

But deep down, somewhere in his mind, he longed for those huge hands to be wrapped around him again and again. He wanted Tristan to run his lips softly all over his skin.

He knew he was royally fucked.