Chapter 5

The sky above hung in a state of atmospheric ambiguity, caught between the absence of sunlight and the reluctance of clouds

The sky above hung in a state of atmospheric ambiguity, caught between the absence of sunlight and the reluctance of clouds. A soft, muted greyness enveloped the world, casting a subdued pallor over the landscape. The air held a certain stillness, a quiet tension that seemed to linger on the cusp of a weather change. It was as if nature itself had paused, unsure of whether to reveal itself in a brighter or darker mood.

Or maybe it was Ace's point of view to let the world know he was feeling like the shittiest person to ever exist. The only moment keeping him sane, was the way Sugar swayed her hips to the girl in red song that blasted through her red tiny headphone

"Didn't know you were into lesbians." Ace slipped in as he shifted the left side behind her ears and she sighed.

"Wouldn't it be cool to have gay couples in this pack. My father is so full of shit for being so homophobic." she grunted and Ace laughed nervously. He wanted to tell her everything that had transpired between him and Tristan so bad but he could not find the courage to be so shameful.

"As long as he's still the Alpha, we're all gonna rot in shit." Ace completed as she giggled. He loved it when she approved of the insults he gave her father.

"Sugar Saoirse Wolfhill, Wallace Casen, Hikaru Kai Chinen." the teacher finally acknowledged their names for the roll call and Ace sucked in his breath when he discovered that all the while they queued,  Hikaru was behind him. Of course he no longer felt that childish likeness he had for her but she was still important to him, she was someone he could use to successfully ignore Tristan. That was if his plan worked out.

He climbed into bus after Sugar and almost grieved in disappointment when Sugar was forced to sit beside Luke.

Luke was a terrifying dumb asshole whom her father wanted her to mate with. As much as she'd love to avoid him at all cost, disobeying her father meant disobeying the entire pack.

"Sorry." she whispered and he rolled his eyes and flunked into the seat behind her. Hikaru sat close to him smiling and he smiled back. It was his first time being so close to her and it felt weird.

"First time being so close to me huh?" Hikaru asked and he chuckled nervously. It wasn't his first time though for him, there were moments when he stood behind her during lunch but obviously he was too invisible to be noticed.

"You're a fan of indie? Sorry I'm so addicted to songs and it would be so awkward to speak during the ride." he confessed, handing out the second ear of his earpiece. He knew he had fucked it up already, he was just trying to be himself.

"I'm more of into raps but it won't hurt to share your -"

He had lost track of what she was saying the moment Tristan walked into the bus with his button-up shirt wide upon and his white tank top transparently revealing his abs.

Wallace Casen was always known to be a calm and collected person, especially when it came to movie actor arguments with Sugar but right now, his mind went blank and his hand trembled as he fumbled with the poor grip on his phone.