★Chapter fourty seven★

Augustus costello

This morning was different from the other morning, this morning was special because I got to spend it with Indigo, my girlfriend, the love of my life, the mother of my child, my baby mama and my Star
I look at Indigo who was fast asleep and a smile must be plastered on my face as I watch her sleep peacefully.

Her hair messy, her left leg out from the coverage that the blanket gives, her lips slightly opened showing her braces and a streak of dried up saliva on her cheek and a small wet puddle on her cheek, I'll not miss this sight for anything else.

I leaned in and lay feather like kisses on her face and neck, she stirs as responses and goes back to sleeping, I kiss her nose before hopping off her bed and walking downstairs"Hi Matilda, do you mind like ordering food for everyone today and a cake pops for Aurora as a treat please?".

She smiled at me warmly, showing her white set of teeth"Of course, Mr costello. Three of everything or do you have an-".

"No". I laugh awkwardly, I don't know Star's favourite McDonald's meal or like Aurora's favourite McDonald's meal" Let do three of everything and also get some food yourself ". I said passing her my  card, she bows in appreciation and takes the landline phone and begins to order.

I turn my heels and walk back upstairs, I peek into Aurora's room through the slightly open door and looked at my fast asleep daughter and walked in her room I kneel beside her bed and smiled"God, I can't believe tomorrow is your birthday" I whispered silently kissing her forehead

"You're going to be four years old,G- God, I missed so much in your growing up but I'm not trying to makeit up to you but I'll make the birthdays we celebrate the best  and memorable for you, Gracelynn." She stir and I run my hand through her thick dark curls then kissed her cheek.

"Tomorrow you will be adding another year into your life, may the Lord bless you and protect you, may he make you alway smile and give you the best things you want in life and may you be-God, It's not even your birthday yet and I'm al-". I wipe away a lone tear that came out.

Believe it or not but it's hard seeing your kid grown right infront of your eyes like there will be a time that she'll leave here and never call me while she runs away with the love of her life while I die of a heart attack and high blood pressure as I watch her succeed in life while kissing her crusty ass boyfriend who will end-

"Keep breaths August, she's just 4". I say to myself inhaling as much air as I can.

"Good morning soon to be birthday girl" I coo kissing her cheeks, her fling open and a smile appears on her lips.

"Good morning daddy". She yawns as she aims to sit up on her bed, I kiss her head and look at her again.

"Come on go shower, I have a suprise for you today for your birthday". The way her eyes glowed and how she claps her hand in excitement.

"What's the suprise daddy?".

"It's a suprise, Aurora".

"Please". She pouts.

"Shower first and you will see it".

After many pleases and pouts, she goes to shower and I leave her room to wake up indigo. I kneel beside the bed and kiss her cheek"Wakey wakey princess". I said I run my hand through her tangled hair