Chapter 16

A/n: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS THE DEATH OF COCO HIMSELF. AND THE MOMENTS THAT HAPPENED DURING THE EVENT.

**3 MONTHS LATER**

Coco's POV

With El Padrino at the head of the table. I can earn my way back into the club, hopefully. I'm grateful, but I still know that something is missing. Leilani. I miss her so much, and I wish I could tell her something, anything. But, after her seeing me bring Hope here, I knew she would never want to see me again. And she hasn't. She doesn't come around the club house at all, but she doesn't let Adam around here either. I turn and study hopes face. I got love for her, but she isn't Leilani. Beautiful, but nothing compared to Leilani. Hope just doesn't make me feel like Leilani did, and most of the love I have for Hope was only because of the high. Now that I'm sober, it just doesn't feel like I'm in love with her, but she's all I got. My phone chimes, it's Gilly, we've got templo.  I quietly get up, trying not to wake Hope so I can sneak out. I pull up Leilani's phone number, dialing it, hoping to hear her voice on the other end. "Hello?" She answers. I sit there, hesitant for a moment. "Hello? Is anyone there?" She asks into the phone, waiting for a response. She sighs before hanging up. I didn't know what to say. I love her, but i'm no good for her. It's best I stay away. I head for the bathroom, putting my hair into braids. I hadn't realized how long it had grown. I walk back into the room and grab some clothes before getting dressed and heading for the door. As I put my sunglass on and head for my bike, I noticed two kids playing on the sidewalk, drawing with chalk. I smile and hop on starting the bike, speeding off towards the clubhouse. Part of me wants to ride my bike until I'm pulled up to Leilani's, but I stay focused and continue onto the scrapyard. I gotta get right with the club so I can keep straight.

****

I gotta head up to Stockton to mend fences with the other charters, which means I'll be away from Hope. I'm kind of relieved, but I still know I'll miss her company a little. It'll be better if I'm away for a little bit so I don't have to see Leilani, who's probably happy without me around. I wish I could say the same for myself.

Leilani's POV

"How exactly did you convince Angel to think he was donating blood?" I ask Ez, walking into the clinic. I'm starting to show now, so I'm covered in a bigger sweater. He smirks and nods towards Julia. "Went to school with her. She helped me out." He states, looking down at me. "I gotta head back, uh, there's something about Coco you should know tho-" I cut him off, shaking my head. "I don't care. It's not my business. He's moved on. I don't want to know, " I tell him, filling out the paper and signing it before sitting down in the corner of the lobby. He nods and throws his hands up, walking out of the glass doors. I wait to be called back. What is there to hear about Coco? How he's happy and in love with someone else, and I try to avoid him as much as possible so I don't have to break. If the baby is his, he'll probably want nothing to do with it anyway. Of course, he wouldn't want to ruin his relationship with a baby that's with someone else. Ugh. When did my life become so complicated.

****

"We should have the results in about 3 days, we'll call you" Julia tells me, helping me off of the table. "So you really don't know who the dad is? And one of them is having a baby with some else too? Girl, that's alot of baby daddy drama" She says, stiffening a laugh. I nod and continue out of the door and towards the lobby. I stop and glance at the bikes, slowly driving through the street. Some from another charter and one more I know all too well. Coco. But he's heading out of town with another charter? Did he move charters? No way. He would never leave this charter, would he? Was it because of me? Was he really moving on that fast? And was this what Ez was trying to tell me? I shrug it off and head out of the glass doors, heading for the bus stop. Maybe it's a good thing. I won't have to see him and feel like I'm dying inside.  Like my hearts being ripped from my chest and destroyed right in front of me.

****

As I walk into the house, Adam's standing there smiling at me. "What? Why are you smiling like that?" I ask, concerned for him being weird. "I got a surprise for you, come check it out." He tells me rushing towards my bedroom. I follow and notice that he's put together the crib and swing together. I hug him and kiss his cheek, thanking him for his help. I take a look, and for a brief moment, I think of how, if it's Coco's, maybe we could talk about it and I can explain to him and maybe he hasn't really moved on. He's just distracting himself. Maybe. Hopefully.

**DAYS LATER**

Coco's POV

I watch as the fireworks burst with color above me. I pull out my phone, calling Leilani's number again. Maybe she'll answer and assume it's me this time. I figured she knew I left town through EZ or Angel. The ringing heads to voice-mail. "Listen, I just want to tell you that I love you. And I understand if you don't feel the same way or you even Hate me. But, I love you, Lei, and maybe, once I'm back in town, you'll talk to me. Bye, " I say to her voice-mail, hanging up and dialing Hope. She answers immediately.  "Hey, just wanted to hear your voice. I saw something beautiful and it made me think of you." I lie, knowing the first person I called was Lei. She tells me she loves me. "I love you too," I say to her before hanging up and turning around. I look up at the sky, watching the fireworks continue to explode. My phone starts to ring, pulling it back out of my kutte. I turn it over, seeing Leilani's number. She got my message. What is she gonna say to-
.........

Leilani's POV

"Coco. I love you too... and im so glad that you called me. And I need to talk to you so call me back as soon as you can please..." I explain to Coco's voice-mail, realizing it was him who called me a few days earlier, saying nothing. I hang up and lay on my bed, hoping Coco will call me back soon. I can't wait to tell him. Coco still loves me...