seven.

lizzie's and draco's official ship song:labyrinth -taylor swift*listen to this song for this chapter!*

labyrinth -taylor swift
*listen to this song for this chapter!*

Slytherin versus Gryffindor, this was my first ever Quidditch match to attend.

On game days, we were allowed out of uniform. Pansy, Daphne, and I had decided to dress up for the teams we were cheering for like most of the student body had. Of course, my two friends had decided to dress up in Slytherin attire and bought the lot when it came to Slytherin memorabilia. And I, being the absolute fiend that I was, was more than happy to oblige when they offered me to dress the same way.

Harry and I had spoken the day before, in which I had gifted him a new broom model, the Nimbus 2000, that McGonagall helped me order. Thank you inheritance. We also agreed that as siblings, I would be cheering for him, but as Houses, it was game on and I hoped for Slytherin's victory.

I was also able to share with him Professor's Snape's reaction from the night of the Troll Attack, in which, Harry also revealed that he believed Snape to be acting strange. He explained something about a three-headed dog of some sort, and something or other about how he believed Snape was involved with the troll attack and the incident on Gringott's.

However, I hadn't been fully convinced.

Professor Snape was a cold and mean, but I didn't think he was out to get Hogwarts or something. But I knew for a fact now that he definitely knew of this Scarlet Witch business.

Speaking of Snape, he did as he always did, and sucked the fun out of my day by reminding me that I was still on my last day of punishment and detention. As such, I wasn't allowed to attend the Quidditch game, and was instead confined to the common rooms of my dormitory while everyone else left to have fun out on the Quidditch pitch.

"I'll get some pictures of Harry on the field for you, Lizzie," Pansy promised me sadly, as my friends waved me goodbye to watch the game.

Thus, at high noon, I, Elizabeth Potter, was left alone in the Slytherin Common Rooms.

I spent the first thirty minutes bored out of my mind, sitting beside the large stained windows that viewed the bottom of the lake. I stared into the abyss of the dark blue, murky waters, hoping to see these mermaids that the seventh years swore one could see if they waited long enough. However, I grew bored and being bored.

I sighed dramatically, leaning back into the wall and pulling my knees up on the sill I sat on. "You truly are the worst, Professor Snape," I grumbled to myself.

"Elizabeth."

A shiver passed through me when I stood up fast to face the rest of the common room. The common rooms were empty, I was sure of it, but I had heard that voice clear as day. The voice of a boy, a bit older, and one that I did not know.

"Hello, is someone there?" I called out loudly.

The silence that followed made my heart begin to race. Only the crackling of fire from the fireplaces could be heard.