twentyone.

The Malfoy Mansion was one of grandeur, bewitching the mind with its' dark walls and silver accents to allure one in

The Malfoy Mansion was one of grandeur, bewitching the mind with its' dark walls and silver accents to allure one in. It hardly looked like a home at all, not only because of its sheer size but also for the lack of any homely feel and decor.

The atmosphere alone made me want to keep my straight posture and tense guard up for the entire evening. Intimidating, but I've quite literally faced worse.

There wasn't much that could scare a girl than knowing she was the Dark Lord's daughter.

Once Remus and I arrived, there was a line of people in fancy dresses and suits waiting to be let into the door. We were both impatient as the line felt unmoving, but eventually a house elf walked right up to us.

"Miss Elizabeth Potter?"

"Yes?"

"Young Master Malfoy has you on the VIP guest registry. Please, come with me."

Thus, Remus and I were being led inside to skip the long line.

As I said, the Malfoy Manor was filled with dark walls, long hallways, and marble floors. There were floating balls of light like stars along the ceiling and snake-head braziers along the walls. Many of the wall-hangings were moving paintings like the ones from Hogwarts, but these were of people who had sullen, hard stares and judging expressions.

The main first floor was crowded with people with champagne glasses in their hands. Some of them wearing ornate masks that covered their eyes for some reason, a strange choice of wardrobe in my opinion. Farther into the house and passed the two grand staircases, there was a ballroom with people dancing and an orchestra of instruments playing on their own—the wonders of magic.

"Wow," I whispered, breathless as I looked around. "Uncle Moony, isn't this amazing?"

Remus had his hands in his pockets. His expression showed he was less than impressed by all the grand-standing.

"Quite."

When I finally looked down at all the floating balls of light, my guard shot up. Everyone was staring at me, most whispering and wide-eyed. Some looked like they were in awe, while others under the masks just stared at me.

The Girl who He Feared—I really couldn't escape that.

The house-elf that had been guiding us turned to me, and bowed. "Young Master Malfoy has requested that upon your arrival, you be taken to the parlor room to meet with the others," He stated, already leading the way.

My excitement returned, and I turned back to grip Remus' cuff. "I will be right back, Uncle Moony. And remember, have fun! It's a party!" I encouraged him, before making off to follow the elf.

"What—Elizabeth!" Remus called after me.

But I'd already slipped into the party of people.

As I walked through them, trying hard to keep up with the house-elf who was easily maneuvering between people, I'd suddenly found a figure stepping in front of me.