thirtyfour.

"We need a place to study the time-turner and figure out the truth without the prying eyes of anyone else," Draco had told us that day when we had retrieved the time-turner necklace from Hermione's possession

Indeed the risk of anyone finding out we had such a powerful tool at our disposal was high. Worse—the news would reach Hermione and she would know that we stole it from her. I wouldn't put it passed her to pull a If I can't have it, no one can move and totally snitch to McGonagall that we had it.

Our friends and I had agreed whole-heartedly with Draco's statement.

The dormitory wasn't sufficient enough as the boys couldn't always sneak into the girl's hallway as often as we needed to meet up.

The library was far too public, and Hermione tended to spend too much time in there. She could catch on to us far too quickly if we hung out in the library any longer.

No—we needed somewhere discreet, secret.

Hogwarts was filled with nooks and crannies that were begging to be explored. My friends and I decided to do a little...marauding so to speak.

During our study hall, we decided to split into groups to search for a place to do our secret bidding. Draco, Theo and I made a trio, after Draco had made a big deal about Theo and I going together alone and how unnecessary it was. And so, here I was, walking down the corridor between the two boys as they followed me.

"Elizabeth, where exactly are you leading us?" Draco asked stubbornly, cradling his wounded arm that was still bandaged up. "You seem to already have a place in mind, or at least I hope you do. If we get caught wandering aimlessly, we'll get it."

"Wandering aimlessly is the best way to find a secret hiding spot, Draco," I replied, voice filled with annoyance. I glanced back at him with a frown, mostly still annoyed that he wouldn't let me and Theo have a moment alone. His eyes met mine and we both glared at one another. "Hogwarts is filled with secret rooms that haven't been opened in years, some even in decades. Surely we can find somewhere to investigate the time-turner."

"Couldn't we just use the Chamber of Secrets again?" Theo wondered, walking by my side. His eyes over my shoulder to view the Marauder's Map in my hand which we were using to avoid any Professors and Filch. "You did say only you could open it, after all. It would be perfect."

"Except it is in ruins." I sighed heavily as I looked down at the map as well. "We could use it, but then I would need a spell to fix it all. And even then...I don't know any repairing spells that strong to fix a whole cave system."

Theo smirked, drawing closer. "Well, then I guess me and Kaius are helping you all, isn't it?" He asks, walking ahead of us as if he had some sort of plan.

Draco and I looked after him, both with different expressions. Mine was filled with adoration while Draco's was filled with annoyance.

"I don't see the appeal," He grumbled from beside me.