eighteen.

"You want to go into the Chamber of Secrets where an ancient monster lives just to see some boy?"

"Someone's jealous."

"That's enough, Warren, and it's the only way for me to get answers on who I am, Draco. I'll need to sneak inside without being noticed."

"How are you going to do that?"

"During roll call, of course. Noctis can unlock the door for me after Snape secures in me for the night. Warren, Pansy, and Daphne will need to make a spectacle and keep the Professors off of my trail. And Draco, I need you to get some red paint. Is everyone clear on what they have to do?"

"Sure, but if you tell me to put on a frilly dress and dance the marigold, then I'm drawing the line."

"Whatever you say, Warren."

The girls lavatory on the first floor was perhaps the most avoidable place.

It was closest to us Slytherins though, and we often used it for a quick wash if we could get done before Moaning Myrtle noticed.

I remember Tom taking me here during the memory he presented to me with his diary. I also remembered the night when I blacked out in the hallway, when I had been washing up for dinner. The same place where Myrtle's body had been carried out after the creature had gotten her.

When I entered the lavatory, I tried to tip-toe towards the sink. The wails and crying emitting from one of the stalls, and I cursed everything that she had to be here.

I had just stopped at the sink when the crying stopped.

"Who goes there?" Myrtle snapped, floating above the stall. "Oh, it's you again."

Once she saw me, I immediately cursed and let out a breath of exasperation. "Hello, Moaning Myrtle," I glared at the ghost with little care.

"Have you come to keep me company?" She pouted at me.

"Not really." I was about to turn around, but I stopped to look back at her questioningly. "Actually, I do have a question for you. How exactly did you die?"

"Oh, it was dreadful." She smiled and looked off into the distance in reminiscence. "It happened right here in this very cubicle. I'd hidden because Oliver Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying and I heard someone come in."

My eyes narrowed as I listened to her irritating voice.

It was Tom who had come in. I already knew that. Still, I wondered...

"Who was it, Myrtle?" I asked in feign curiosity.

"I don't know." She hiccuped. "I was distraught!"

My eyes rolled as I turned back towards the mirror and sink in front of me.

"But they said something funny, a kind of made-up language." The ghost floated down closer to me while I searched the ceramic and glass. "I realized it was a boy speaking so I unlocked the door to tell him to go away. And then, I died."