Chapter 9

Blakely's POV:

I arrive at school Monday morning and unpack what I don't need into my locker. I got to school early because I wanted to not be rushed. I also wanted to just enjoy the walk to school, the weather is still beautiful outside.

I find an empty spot against the wall and sit down on the floor putting some earbuds in to listen to music. This morning I am in a soft acoustic mood. I turn on Niall Horan's song "This Town." I close my eyes and listen to the words.

Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there.

The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air. 

It's hard.

I look around and see a few students starting to arrive and head to their lockers. Some girls are heading into the bathroom, while some guys are chatting on the other side of the hallway. There a few kids sitting on a bench scrolling through their phones. We still have 15 minutes before anyone needs to leave for class.

And I want to tell you everything.

The words I never got to say the first time around.

The hall is getting more and more crowded. I turn my music up louder to drown out the noises surrounding me. 

You still make me nervous when you walk in the room.

Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you.

Over and over the only truth.

Everything comes back to you. 

All of a sudden, I feel a presence next to me. I look to my right and see the person who has taken a seat. An earbud is pulled from my ear by them.

"What you listening to?" Aubrey asks. She presses the home button on my screen and see the song title. 

"Niall Horan? Good choice, he was my favorite member of one direction anyway." she announced as she starts to sing the words. 

If the whole world was watching, I'd still dance with you.

Drive highways and byways to be there with you.

Over and over the only truth.

Everything comes back to you. 

I laugh at the sight before me. Aubrey is swinging her body back and forth where we are sitting, bumping my shoulder each time she sways. 

"Oh Blakely baby, dance with me!" She jumps up and reaches for my hand. She tugs on my arms and forces me around whichever way she is swinging me. We both laugh as Harlee turns into the hallway.

"Do you both have to be so peppy so early? It's really killing my monday morning blues." she says as she enters the classroom next to us. 

"Guess we better get to class to." I suggest and we head on our way. 

Braxton's POV:

*Tick* *Tick* *Tick*

I watch the clock waiting for the bell to ring. The day went by quickly.  Mondays are for homework, Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursdays I have practice. Fridays will be our usual game day when the season starts. My plan after school is to go home, finish my statistics homework, play call of duty, eat dinner, and go to bed. Hopefully all in that order. 

The bell rings and I make my way towards my locker. Only, when I got there, Blakely was leaning against it. As I start approaching her she straightens up and looks down at the ground before looking back up at me again. I stop as soon as I am in front of her.

"You know you are in front of my locker right? Yours is over there." I tease.

"We haven't had a chance to talk about our project." She simply states.

"Oh yeah, what about it?"

"We need to do it." she says plainly, yet with a hint of confidence.

"Ok." I say as she steps to the side for me to open my locker and start putting things away.

"We can work at my place if you want, after school one day." she suggests.

Blakely and I haven't about this past weekend, the party, or anything of the sort. I wasn't lying when I said I wanted to get to know her better. She seems like a cool girl and I would want someone to be my friend if I was in a new place too.I have driven her home a few times, but she has never invited me to come inside. Maybe this is a sign that we are actually friends. 

"I have practice after school most days this week." She frowned and looked down.

"Oh-"

"But not today. Is today okay?" she perked up. 

"Yeah, let's do today."

"I'll drive." I state as she follows me to my car.