Chapter 12

Blakely's POV:

This weekend couldn't have been more awkward. After Braxton and I's almost kiss, we haven't had a chance to talk about it. It's not even just about the kiss, but he confessed that he has feelings for me. What am I supposed to do with that? I feel like I barely know the guy still. After we soothed Ocean, we both went to bed. He volunteered to stay on the couch with Ocean downstairs. All day Saturday we stayed inside and watched movies that my Gran loves on the hallmark channel. We exchanged some glances, but we did not speak about Friday night. When Saturday night arrived we were both so tired from taking care of robot baby, we just went to bed, no discussion at all. Saturday night I kept Ocean in my room.  Sunday was another pretty slow day. We decided it would be good to take Ocean to different places and take pictures for our project, but it was all casual between Braxton and I. It was not casual for other people considering the stares we got or the few people stopping to ask us to look at our baby. Maybe it's an adult thing, but I have never asked a stranger to see their baby before. Don't get me wrong, babies are cute and all, but that is weird. 

It is now Monday morning. I cannot believe Braxton literally spent the entire weekend at my house. He did facetime his family a few times so they knew he was still alive and well, but I expected him to get bored and go home. Right now we are sitting at the breakfast table eating a bowl of cereal with Gran as she reads the newspaper. Gran is going on about last weeks crossword puzzle, but I am not fully listening. Braxton and I make glances at each other, but I try to not hold a gaze. There's no doubt in my mind that we are going to talk about his confession in the car on the way to school. I just have no decided what I am going to say or what he expects me to say. 

"We better get going if we don't want to be late. Thank you for your hospitality Nancy!" Braxton gives Gran a hug as he picks up his backpack. Here we go. I follow Braxton to his car and he opens the door for me. As I click my seatbelt, Braxton is already starting the car. I check the radio clock and realize it's pretty early. We have plenty of time before school starts.

We drive about 5 minutes down the road and the car starts slowing down. Braxton pulls up in front of a house and turns off the car. 

"Where are we?" I ask looking up at the big house from the passenger seat.

"This is my house." Braxton reveals. This house is so different than mine, but a place I could totally picture Braxton living in.

"I want to change my clothes before school, come on." I follow Braxton inside. His house is pretty empty. No one must home or his parents left earlier for work. I follow Braxton upstairs to his room. As I am looking around his room, he changes his shirt quickly, but not fast enough to keep me from blushing and turning my head before he can see me looking. 

"That is my youth league hockey trophy. Everyone got one since we were kids and we participated." He points to the trophy on the shelf in front of me.

"That one is for my junior team getting first place in our peewee cup playoffs."

"What's this one for?" I ask pointing to a medal that has a music note on the front.

"Uh, that one was when my band placed first at our competition." he sighs. 

"Big macho hockey secretly plays the flute." I tease.

"It was actually the clarinet I'll have you know." We laugh. We walk back to the car and get situated for the drive to school. 

"See? There's more you can get to know about me." I mumble a "mhm."

"Blakely, I meant what I said Friday night. I want to take you on a date. Not something related to school, not something with our families. I want to take you out and do something we can both enjoy and spend more time together. 

"Braxton-" I start.

"Before you turn me down, just know that I will not take no that easily. I am going to work for it if I have to. Tell me what a guy like me has to do to get you to agree?"

"Braxton, I don't know if it's a good idea." I admit.

"Blakely." I love the way he says my name. "Please give me a chance. I promise I will not let you down." Honestly, what he heck! I do like Braxton. I can't help, but say yes. It's just one date, nothing serious, right?

"Okay!"