Beat It

*This is inspired by Beat It by Michael Jackson*

~So the gist of this is Draco and Hermione are together(of course)and Hermione wants to take the mark in order to help protect Draco and the secret child they have together~

"Mia, stay away from them." I'm scared he's going to break the glass of whiskey with how hard he's gripping it. "It's too dangerous." 

I stand, my white knuckles clasped tightly on the front of the desk, "It's for Cassie. And you. It's the best decision I can make to protect this family." 

A vein in his neck flexes angrily, "I had to join because of my damn family. No one's forcing you love. Please, just stay safe. Stay away from the Dark Lord." The pleas are on the verge of begging now. He's changing tatics. Trying to convince me. Too bad I've already made up my mind. 

"Draco you know this is the best choice. Harry won't protect me anymore, you know they're still mad over the dating you thing. The Dark Lord is the next best choice. He can protect us. And if, or more like when Harry wins the war, he will forgive me because of our past. It'll all work out. I promise." My voice is softer now, soothing. 

Now he's desperate. He can sense the finality in my words. "Please! Don't Mia don't! Don't sign your life away for that stupid mark! Please darling! I love you too much to let you do this!" 

I step away, turning my head as he wipes tears. It hurts me to see him like this, but it's the best choice. I know it is. "I'm sorry Draco." 

The next thing I hear is the brandy glass shattering. He threw it. Not at me of course, even when mad he would never do that, but at the far wall. He punches the brown stained wallpaper over and over again as I watch, silently, crying. The war is breaking our family apart. But isn't that what war does? 

I collapse on the red couch in the room, sobbing. I stop when I feel the soft touch of my lover on my cheek, sniffling as I look up. "Dray?" 

"I know you've already made up your mind but I have to try. One last time." He whispers, straightening up. Looking away. He knows I won't give in. Now he's just warning me of what to expect. 

"You have to show that your really not scared. You're playing with your life this ain't no truth or dare. This isn't the common room with Ginny, Harry, and Ron love. This is dark magic, this is war." He warns, running a hand through his hair. 

"I know Dray. I know." I sigh, I never wanted this. If only Harry had offered his protection to our family. If only he hadn't hated Draco. If only's could fill my whole day. 

"They'll kick and they'll beat and they'll tell you it's fair." He continues, "And I wouldn't be able to help. My parents will be holding be back, but either way, it would only make things worse." 

"Just beat it!" He pleads, for the last time. I shake my head, tears gone, determined. 

He hugs me now. Letting me know I can count on him. On his warmth. On his love. The door creaks open. 

"Are you done fighting?" Cassie is only two but she is incredibly smart, and wizarding children are already more advanced than Muggle ones. "Are you going to spilt up?" 

"I'm sorry baby." I whisper. "I promise, me and daddy will never never spilt up. Never. We love you and each other so much sweetheart." 

Draco only buries his head in her sweater and nods. She pulls herself into our hug and I wrap myself into my little family. We can get through this. Together.