0.0 | 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴

[credits to: @DilfCookie on Twitter for the image!]

Parfaedia was always so alluring, most especially at night, the breeze felt refreshing, especially at this time. When the shops close, the lights of houses go dark for sleeping cookies to rest easy, but it's never a dull moment in this city.
Wizards littered the area and always caused some form of trouble, whether it be property damage or injuring another cookie, or even getting hexed, it was always hard to stay safe in this city. Which was when the Magical Emergency Handling Department came into light, keeping cookies safe from the dangers of magic and making sure Wizards didn't go and use their powers for bad kept the city safe at all costs. Some had been arrested for crimes similar to theft, or even murder, sure you'd be scared shitless if you were in this city, or even in M.E.H, but one cookie has witnessed it all. A signature line that any criminal were to recognize..

"Head detective of the Magical Emergency Handling (M.E.H) department of Parfaedia."

Such a line was so simple, yet frequently heard by all the criminals he had arrested. Detective Almond Cookie. A well known detective (and just as dashing in person). He was always arresting criminals and wizards who used their magic for wrong doings. He hadn't cared much, sure his very first arrest traumatized him quite a bit but after some time he got used to it. This was an important thing- as he did have a daughter. Biological or not it didn't essentially matter honestly.

Sure it wasn't easy, but thanks to the internet and today's mobile devices he learned how to handle a little girl as a single father, and it was looking great for him.
His daughter, Walnut, knew how to take care of herself. She could make herself food, she knew several routes home, she knew who to go to if she was being followed.. she was a smart kid overall.
Good thing for him wasnt it?

But tonight, was an almost ordinary night. A banks alarm had gone off somewhere in the city and a thief had stolen a few expensive gems that would cost a little over 10 grand. A big price for something so small.
Yet this thief payed no care for such a price, even if it meant serving a few years in prison.
Almond cookie arrived seconds after the thief escaped, running down the street where an apparant bystander had seen the thief pass by. So almond made haste and went in the direction that the bystander had told him.

After some time he saw the silhouette of the thief, they seemed to have a top hat and cape- he couldn't make out much due to the dimness of the light but he followed their silhouette.
The thief had taken notice of the sound of another pair... They smiled smugly through the darkness, running into the nearest alleyway, leading almond away. Yet no matter what, the detective followed.
This made the thief grow curious, how good was this detective at his job? They knew it would be almond cookie but this was their first ever full on chase sequence, it made them a little excited honestly.

The thief eventually ran into a dead end, looking up the wall of said dead end, hoping to find some sort of way to get up to the rooftops before the detective could come after them. But as good as almond was at his job, he made it over easily.
"Drop the gem and put your hands up, Roguefort!"
Oh? Now this was curious, the detective knew their identity, how wonderful! This made their first proper meeting much easier to manage.
The thief turned to face the detective, a small yet smug smile on their face
"Well well!~ if it isn't Detective Almond cookie! What a surprise~" Roguefort cooed.

"Quit the fancy talk, Rogue."
"Can't I have my fun, detective?~"
"Someone needs to stop you."
"Oh?~ there's nothing more fun than running around and snagging gems as I go!~"
"And these gems carry a price with them, Roguefort."
"Hmph~ your no fun detective~"
"It's my job, Roguefort."

With a sly smile (and the fact rogue managed to distract the detective perfectly so their plan can take action) they throw down a smoke bomb, the detective was alarmed, helplessly swatting at the smoke as he coughed, giving rogue enough escape time!
The thief smiled, making their daring escape as they jump up onto the rooftops (using help from the walls of the buildings).

Once the smoke has disappeared, almond looked around "god damnit.." he hissed, the thief had gotten away. Such a pain..
Almond, without much to do anymore (and since the thief had long gone by now) he decides to head home for the night, heading to his chase vehicle he gets in the car and heads home.

11 PM.

Almond got home, opening the door to his rather dimly light home, his daughter was sleeping and he had more work the next day, without a thought he plopped himself onto the couch and shut down for the night. Although the thief had escaped his clutches he could've had them, he'd been chasing them for some time but he couldn't catch them quite yet, but he knew he'd have another chance to catch them.

Timeskip!

Almond and Walnut were both up and ready, preparing for their day, Walnut was in her school uniform and almond was in his work uniform as they both scurried around the house to grab what they need today, it was honestly (slightly) chaotic but the two were used to doing this every morning.
Once the twos ramblings were done, they set off, "bye dad!" "I'll be home tonight kiddo, you know what to do". And just like that they both left.

Now almonds day of more work loads of crime and chasing criminals can begin again, while he waits for nightfall to catch Roguefort.

But, to his surprise.. there was a calling card on his desk.. and he knew who it was from just as he was reading it.

It read;

" Dear Detective Almond Cookie,
Tonight I'll steal the Pink Diamond Necklace from Harry Winston (writers note: jewelry store) at 10 PM on xx/xx/xxxx [writers note: Credits to my friend for the jewelry store name lmao]

- Your favourite thief, Roguefort! "

Almond sighed a little,
"Guess they're back at it again.."

End.

-----------------------------------------------✩

OKAYY! 1,086 WORDS! NOT BAD..
THANKS TO MY FRIEND FOR HELPING ME EITH SOME STUFFS- I'LL POST THE NEXT CHAPTER SOON!!