0.1 | 𝘐𝘭 𝘮𝘪𝘰 𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦

[credits to @DilfCookie on twitter for the image!]

" 𝘑𝘦 𝘭'𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘦 "

-----------------------------------------------✩

It had been some time, Almond stared puzzled at the calling card, who on earth delivered this? Did Rogue themself leave it here for Almond? That wouldn't work now would it..
How odd, he'd need to put extra security in his office then. If Roguefort can get through putting a camera should atleast get some dirt on the criminal..

But even then, Rogue would be fully capable of disabling a camera or two.. or even avoiding them without struggle.
This was one thing Almond disliked about the thief, their stealth was no other, and from what others have said when questioned.. was that they could change their identity to blend in amazingly.
What skill..
But now, Almond wondered, did Rogue have a life outside of thievery? He's always assumed they were rich enough to handle themself but it never really crossed his mind... He'd have to find out.
But first, coffee break! At his favourite bakery/cafe, he'd get a croissant and coffee and continue digging up information about the criminal once he's done.

Meanwhile...

Roguefort cookie, a phantom thief known for leaving calling cards and leaving clues for Detective Almond to find, then disappearing into the shining night as if nothing..
They lived a wonderful life, a great future ahead (if, and only if they don't get caught). But even with their charm they themself need to make money to pay bills, and they don't necessarily want to sell their beloved gems and jewels..
So as the sun came up, they put on their disguise and made their way...
To the secret garden! A cafe/bakery business where in they serve as a barista.
Baking croissants and making coffee was another thing they specialised in. A little hobby of sorts.
"Bleu! Help me put these croissants out!" A co-worker called out to them.
that was their disguise name, Monsieur Bleu, a charming name if they must admit.
But work called, and these croissants wouldn't bring themselves out.

Now, back to our main story..

Rogue did their duties as a barista, cleaning the counter, wiping tables, cleaning glasses, putting out baked goods in the display case, and setting up the cafe for the day.
A few customers had come in, a few regulars and a few newbies. Rogue enjoyed every second of it regardless, serving them without much struggle and keeping a charismatic attitude added onto people's happiness for the day.

Almond entered the cafe, He walked through the doors and headed to the side of the counter, out of the way of the other customers, eyeing up the pastries in the three-tier rack, a positive notion, their dear detective did eat everynow and then!
Rogue smiled at the gesture, the fact Almond liked the baked goods /they/ made was enough to make them smile.

"I'll have a coffee, black, no sugar or anything"
"Will that be all today, detective?"
Almond came by a great deal, so it wasn't a rare occurrence (unless he didn't come by, of course).
But of course, Rogue knew his order well, and its because this was always his order, the same black coffee without added sugars or creamer, and a croissant if he's feeling good. Rogue adored this side of Almond, the calmer and more relaxed side of him when he wasn't chasing Roguefort.
It was amazing, they loved it about him.
And they loved-

"Thanks again" Almond walked to a table to wait on his coffee, snapping Rogue out of their thoughts. With a sigh they go and start on making Almonds coffee. Mostly quiet today..

Almond sighed sitting at the table, he'd been coming to the cafe for so long yet he had to deny it-
He was in love with the barista. He adored them, the way they were so kind, and how they knew Almonds order.. it was so- nice..
So alluring even, their capability of making Almond become head over heels for a barista was alarming, but Almond couldn't bear himself to ask them out.
What if they had their own lover?
It made Almonds heart flutter almost..

"Detective, here's your coffee"
Almond snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the barista "ah- thanks" Rogue set the coffee down Infront of Almond "if you want anything else just call me!" They smile gleefully at him, Almonds heart skipped a beat, nodding at them. Rogue set off, back behind the counter, and Almond cursed under his breath..
He had a perfect chance to talk to them but didn't- good job! You ruined a perfectly good chance on asking the barista out.
He glanced at his watch- ah right. He should get back to searching for that thief's information...
Almond stood up and left the cafe, not before leaving a tip for Rogue, of course.
Rogue watched almond leave, sighing a little..

' 𝘪 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦, 𝘈𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥.. 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦.. '

-----------------------------------------------✩

"𝘑𝘦 𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘶𝘹 𝘱𝘢𝘴 𝘭'𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘳 "