Prologue

*Percy's POV*

I didn't want to live in Beacon Hills. I was so excited to go to Camp Jupiter with Annabeth and the rest of the seven and finally live like normal, half-blood, teenagers. I should've known better, demigods can never have normal lives. It all started three weeks after the Giant War ended. We were still healing people at Camp Half-Blood and we were mourning all of the losses; the Romans hadn't left yet because they were waiting for everyone to heal.

***

Leo is still gone, we know he isn't dead, Nico told us this much. "His soul is nowhere to be found in the Underworld. Neither me nor my father can sense him. It's like he just vanished." I don't know where he is but I trust that he will come back, hopefully with Calypso. Yes I know that that is what he is trying to do, I only wish he would've let me help. I've tried talking to the gods about him and his whereabouts but if they know anything they aren't saying it.

Everyday Annabeth, Hazel, Frank, Jason, Piper, and I go to Bunker 9 with the rest of the Hephaestus cabin and work on all of the unfinished projects that were collecting dust, to honor Leo's memory until he returns. Not only that, we are trying to figure out a way to get back and forth between both camps easily. So far we haven't come up with anything but I know we will eventually. As soon as we do Annabeth and I are going to go to school at Camp Jupiter. Normally I wouldn't be so excited for school, but I am just happy I get to relax for a little bit, especially after all that has happened.

We are in Bunker 9 as usual and we hear the conch horn blow, signaling it is time for dinner. Everyone starts to put away there projects and head out the door with me bringing up the rear. "Last one there has to do the winner's chores for a week!" I shout and I start sprinting towards the dining pavilion. I don't dare look back but I can hear the sound of pounding footsteps behind me. Just as I think I am about to win Annabeth runs in front of me and into the dining pavilion. At least I wasn't last.

I turn to see who was last and it was Jake Mason. He is out of his full body cast now but he hasn't fully recovered and he can't move as fast as he used to. Panting, I walk over to him. "Hey Jake, don't worry about the chores. I'll do them for you. It was my idea in the first place."

"Thanks Jackson, but no need. I lost fair and square. Plus I need to run more often and get back into shape so that next time, I won't lose." He says while catching his breath, then he walks to his table with his siblings and starts eating. I shrug and head to my table also. Just as I sit down I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Not bad, Seaweed Brain. I almost thought that you were going to win that time." I look up and see Annabeth smiling down at me. The sun is just beginning to set and it gives off a golden-red light that surrounds her and makes her blonde hair look like it's on fire.

"Next time, Wise Girl." She rolls her eyes and sits down next to me. She waves her hand at the glass in front of her and in it appears water. "Out of any drink in the world I don't understand why you pick water." She laughs lightly, not answering the question I've asked thousands of times, but instead takes a sip of her drink. I on the other hand choose to drink Diet Coke in a deep shade of blue.

Dinner is quiet tonight, surprisingly. Usually the dining pavilion is full of noise; kids shouting over one another to be heard, the Ares and Athena Cabins arguing over who is better, and people laughing and having a good time. But something is different tonight. There seems to be a quiet tension in the air and most people are just staring at their food. Annabeth seems to notice also because she is looking around in confusion. Finally she speaks up, "Why is everyone so quiet?"

Chiron, who was speaking quietly to Dionysus, looks at Annabeth with tired eyes. My first thought is uh-oh, but then I remember that the war ended not to long ago and Chiron hadn't been sleeping much because he was traveling with Grover and Coach Hedge to ask if any nature spirits had any news on Leo. He opens his mouth to speak a couple times but it is Dionysus that answers, "Oh for the gods sake. Annabel, if you must know the Council would like to have a meeting with you and the rest of the Seven. Well, the ones that are still here."