Chapter 7: Unlocked

No POV-

Y/n opened her eyes to the sound of paper being slid against the floor.

The note that she had just sent under the door, was now returned to her.

Y/n cautiously reached out and picked the note off of the floor, slowly opening it.

There was her handwriting,

"Thank you for the flowers."

But underneath that, was a messily written reply.

"Thanks for saving my ass"

You couldn't help the smile that formed on your face.

She reached to the counter beside her and grabbed the same pen you used before.

"Anytime."

You folded the note back in half and slid it under the door.

You knew this was silly, but it felt comfortable. This is the most you and Bucky had communicated.

Once again, you leaned your back against the wall beside the door, putting your arms on your knees, and waited.

And once again, the note slid across the floor.

"I didn't know what color you liked, so I got them all. Sorry."

You let out a little breathy laugh.

"I can tell."

Pushing the note back through the crack of the door.

Bucky picked up the note and smiled while shaking his head.

"Well, what is it?" He wrote back

"What is what?"

"Your favorite color." Bucky rolled his eyes and tried to hold back his smirk.

"Blue."

As Bucky read the color, he realized he didn't know how to continue talking. Well, writing, to you. He didn't want the conversation to end yet.

He sat and stared at the note in his hand. He had to proceed carefully if he didn't want to spook you.

Just then, an idea popped into his head, but he had to be fast so you didn't lose interest.

He left his phone and the newest bouquet of flowers on the ground. He started running down the hallway.

You heard the fast steps getting further away.

Well, it was good talking to him, at least a little bit.

You just remained sitting in the same position on the floor, just smiling at the silly interaction.

While Bucky was hauling ass up several flights of stairs.

He burst into a corridor, running towards Steve's door.

Bucky started aggressively knocking on Steve's door.

When Steve finally answered, looking a little panicked at the sudden urge disruption.

A breathless Bucky said,

"Steve *Breath* I need your colored pencils."

Steve's eyebrows scrunched together and he just opened his mouth, not sure what to do.

"I need– Jesus" Bucky said as his patience ran out and he stormed past Steve into his room.

He stood in the center of the room, frantically looking around, trying to find the items he requested.