Chapter 11: Physics Bitch

Authors Note: Buckys thought will be in Italics

Clint and I made our way to the building. Watching from the trees surrounding the town.

"Ready?" He said,

"I am always ready," I said with a smile.

He nodded at me.

"Do you need help getting up somewhere high?" I offered my skills to him.

He let out a little laugh,

"I am good kid. I've been doing this a long time." He smirked.

"Let's go."

Clint and I parted ways, him running into the trees, to find somewhere to sneak in.

I, just casually walked to the building, finding a nice open window.

It wasn't like anyone could see me, so I didn't need to sneak around as much.

I was still being cautious. I pulled my body through a window. Slowly leaving the room I tumbled into and into the hallway. There were a few voices I could hear, but none close enough to be concerned.

The scientist and the computer were in the exact middle of the facility.

Whoever built this place, might have done it with their eyes closed. Because this place was literally like a labyrinth.

Odd twists and turns, and literally hundreds of rooms.

But the mini-map on my wrist was helping me a bit.

Finally, after 15 minutes, I found the lab.

I opened the door. Slowly. I couldn't hear anyone inside.

I went in, taking a look around.

Whoever this scientist is, he is kind of a cliche. The office was a mess, half-finished projects scattered everywhere. Papers on literally every surface available. The room even smelled like stress. I don't even know how that is possible.

I got to the computer, it looks like it was from the 90s.

I popped the drive into the computer, and watched the download bar go up like a snail up a hill.

I am not even surprised because of how old this computer is. I am surprised the thing still turns on.

Being the curious person I am, I started looking around at all of the junk in the room.

I was getting claustrophobic just standing here.

I started looking around the room, seeing if I saw anything useful, anything that stood out in this plain, beige-colored room.

And something did.

I saw it out of the corner of my eye. Just a little flash of something red under a bunch of papers.

I made my way over to it, sliding the papers to the side to get a better look.

All of the air got knocked out of my lungs. This couldn't be.

I hesitantly picked up the book.

This...

This was impossible.

I felt like my knees went weak.

In my hand, was..

The Winter Soldier book. The one with Bucky's trigger words.

Looking at the red book with a star on the cover, my jaw clenched.

That is when I heard a grunt, then Clint's voice came over the comms.