Chapter 7 - Treasured Sentiments

Kanon's Perspective

As we take a break from practice for a minute, the cool spring air blows helps cool us off a little as we rested for a moment. Since the start of the year, we've ended up welcoming three new students to Liella.

"By the way, didn't you say that Y/n would be coming today?" Ren asked

"Yeah, he said he'd be here after he got out of class." I replied, taking a drink afterwards

"Who is Y/n?" Mei asked

"It's Kanon's boyfriend." Sumire answered

"Eh? Kanon-senpai has a boyfriend?" Kinako asked, surprised

"I dunno if it's that interesting..." I said, blushing slightly at all the sudden attention this was getting.

"So why is he coming exactly?" Shiki asked

"Since a relative who makes accessories has been visiting, he asked if they could make something for our new outfits, and so he's bringing them today." I explained "He talked it over with Keke for what, and he said they should be here today."

"Hey Kanon, since he should be here soon, why not wait for him?" Chisato said

"Good idea, he's never visited Yuigaoka before, so he could probably use some help finding his way around." I said

"Right, we'll meet you two in the clubroom." Chisato said

I nodded and headed to the door, planning to meet him at the gate.

—-----------------------------------------

Y/n's Perspective

As I reached the gates to Yuigaoka High School, I looked out at the place where Kanon has been going to school this whole time. It looks like a pretty nice place, and I have absolutely no clue how to get to where I'll be meeting them.

However, as I walked in, looking around for someone to ask, I noticed that Kanon was actually coming my way, wearing her workout clothes. She looks cute in them, I gotta admit.

"Looks like I was just in time Y/n." Kanon said "I was going to wait for you here so I can show you to the clubroom."

I gave her a small smile and said "Well then, lead the way."

As I walked beside her, I was about to reach out my hand to hold hers, but hesitated, deciding that maybe her school wasn't the place to do it, instead just following her up the stairs, not sure of what to say.

"Thanks for offering to set us up like this, I'm sure they'll look good on our costumes." Kanon said, smiling

I shrugged with a small smile and said "It's nothing, it's not like they were a part of his expensive quality stuff, and he owed me for something that happened the last time he visited, so for the most part his main request for the custom accessories was that I help him." I also offered to pay for materials, but I don't want Kanon to know, after all, the last time I did something like this, she wanted to pay me back after, but this is just something I wanted to do, and so I don't need to be paid back.

Eventually we reached their clubroom, a solitary room next to the door to the roof, and as we stepped inside, I saw the four I recognized, alongside three I didn't, I guess they're the first years Kanon told me about.

"So you must be Kanon-senpai's boyfriend. It's nice to meet you." the brunette first year said

"Likewise" I said, caught off by the way the redhead was glaring at me. I'm sure there's some reason for it, but it's a bit intense...

I reached into my bag and placed the box on the middle of the table, smiling as I said "Delivery for eight. Hope you'll like them."

Keke opened it, revealing eight brooches, with a glass gem in the center of each that were different ones of the image colors Keke told me to use, she smiled as she looked at them, and pulled out the light blue one and said happily "They look even better than I thought Y/n, thank you so much!"

I shrugged slightly as I said "It's nothing much, I just want to show my support for you girls in the small way I can."

"Thanks Y/n, we appreciate the support." Ren said

I spent a while talking with the girls in Leilla, sitting against the window frame as I was introduced to the first years and getting to know them all better. After all, these girls are important to Kanon, so I want to get to know them better.

Eventually it was starting to get late, and after agreeing to walk with them, I left the clubroom so they can change out of their workout clothes, heading to the gate to meet up with them there.

In the end, the first one to meet me at the front gate was Kanon, and figuring this was as good of a time as any, I reached into my bag to pull something else out and said "So when I was helping him out, I ended up making something by scratch myself, and I know it's not great, but I wanted to give it to you." What I pulled out was a silver necklace with a heart hanging from it that was embedded by an orange glass jewel. I'd love to get her something nice, but I thought that with my one attempt at this, I could put my heart into something for her.

She smiled as she looked at it and said "Y/n, I love it."

As I saw her smiling as she put it around her neck, I was caught off guard for a moment, having been looking down on my work and not expecting such a happy reaction out of her. But seeing the joy on her face, I felt this surge of warmth in my chest, different from my love for Kanon. I guess this is how it feels to be satisfied by somebody liking something you made.

"So how do I look?" Kanon said as smiled at me, the necklace around her neck.

"You look gorgeous, Kanon." I said, smiling as I leaned forward to kiss her

Kanon blushed and backed away slightly as she said "Y/n, wait. I'm still kind of sweaty from practice..."

"That doesn't change anything." I say, taking a hold of her hands

She smiled slightly and leaned, our lips connecting in a kiss a moment later. Kissing Kanon is something so perfect, and I'm so glad I get the chance to love her like this over anyone else.

After our lips part, it isn't too long before the others get here, though a couple of them seem to be blushing for reasons I can probably guess but will avoid saying to avoid embarrassing Kanon. After which, I left alongside them, my hand and Kanon's intertwined.

—--------------------------------------------

That evening, remembering how great it felt to see Kanon love something I made, I headed to my relative, and asked if he'd teach me more on how to make accessories and maybe show me how he does silver working for higher quality projects, to which he agreed. I don't really have particularly great dexterity, but as I tried to follow his lead, the idea of people enjoying what I made kept me motivated to keep going. In the end, I'm not sure if it'll work out, but maybe I could keep doing this into the future, and maybe someday make Kanon something great and worthy of somebody as important to me as her.

--------------------------------------------------

A/n: This is probably the right time to mention that in my original draft of this, Y/n was going to find a passion for streaming, but then I remembered that a person who doesn't know their dream going into online media sounds like a certain other character.