The New Job

Today was the day. I was applying for a job at a pizzeria funhouse. I personally prefer other Italian foods over pizza. Now don't get me wrong, pizza is amazing, but I love some good old pasta anytime.

I was applying for a full on position here. I was gonna be a night guard, but also a maintenance worker. I had heard a rumor that there were several lifelike robotics here. They helped to provide a fun time for families, specifically children.

I wanted to be able to work here and learn to understand the fun life of a child. I was an orphan growing up, so I never really got the opportunity to have fun. Orphans were forced into hard labor without the government knowing, along with put through the multitude of abuse and torture.

When I turned 18, I didn't even get to finish my schooling, before I was kicked out onto the streets. Just to be picked back up off the streets by kidnappers, because I didn't have any means of living on my own.

All I had was a birth certificate to claim that I was a real human being, but other than that, I had nothing other than the few clothes on my back.

I was scooped off the street where I was nearly raped, abused and tortured even more. I escaped running for my freedom, and found that this job position was available. I just hoped that as big as the facility is, I could find some sort of place to hide and live near the building while at the same time working there.

For now I had to figure out a way to make money to get food and survive. I was now 25 years old. One of the biggest things I was into was singing. I found that there was always music that could relate to my feelings. I even had the habit of making my own songs. I would take the melodies or lyrics from songs that already existed, and make some of my own up. I loved words, being able to speak and let people know what was behind my eyes.

I walked up to the front doors, finding a man waiting for me already as he stood there smiling and looking at me.

"Are you Willow?" The man asked.

"Yes sir. Liyra Willows. I am here for the new security position." I replied as I looked at him.

"This way, I will lead you to the office."

"What am I supposed to call you?" I asked.

"Ah, my name is Drake, co-manager of the Mega Pizza Plex. Now you shouldn't expect there to be too much to do during the nights that you work here. Your shift will be from 10 pm to 6 am. Marking the closing performance for the night and the opening hours. This here is the ground floor, you have the ground floor, the 4 floors above, and the basement below where the majority of staff arrive for work shifts." I followed him seeing a location labeled the Fazpad where I was quickly able to smell the pizza. I saw signs pointing towards Monty Golf, Faz Blaster, and Roxy Raceway. Looking around I saw a bakery and saw us approaching an elevator, where luckily there were people already coming out. Drake and I waited on the side to get inside the elevator after them.

Watching him, he pushed the number 3, as it took us upwards, ending up nearly falling forward from the sudden movement, while Drake just bursted laughing at me.

"Never been in an elevator before?" He asked, while I frowned.

"No, I was an orphan and afterwards on the streets. I have never been on an elevator." I replied, feeling embarrassed as I looked away from him.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Well, hopefully this job provides you a lot of newer, but happier experiences." He replied, looking at me apologetically.

"You have no reason to be sorry. How did you know?" As I had my arms against the walls, frightened that any second this elevator would stop moving and just fall down.