8

REAL LIFE

Rue blinked her eyes open and reality of last night smacked her over the head, along with a hangover. She looked across the room and saw she was on her own. Her dress laid on the floor along with her heels, clutch and jewellery. She doesn't remember taking the jewellery off.

She scrambled for her clutch and found her phone, multiple missed calls from her dad, thousands of congratulations texts and messages, she saw Alexa's post and gushed with happiness but had more pressing things to focus on.

The second Rue stood up, her head hit her with a gushing pain and she felt a tightness around her throat. Flashbacks of Sebastian choking her last night quickly reminded her of the pain. She looked in the mirror and saw slight marks on her neck. Exhaling shakily she opened the bedroom door and found the house eerily empty compared to last night.

Tip toeing downstairs, the house was spotless considering the party that was held. Pedro is clearly a clean man.

Rue turned the corner and saw Pedro, Alexa and Oscar sat at the dining table, coffee infront of them as they waited. Pedro looked like he'd barely slept, Oscar couldn't even face Rue and Alexa had clearly been crying.

"Rue, oh my god" Alexa blubbered as she walked over to her best friend, engulfing her in a hug. "I'm so sorry, I should've never left"

Rue felt her bottom lip tremble as she pulled away, "it's not your fault, Lex" she whispered.

"It's not your fault either, Rue" Oscar reassured as he looked at her, "are you ok?"

Rue shrugged as she stood infront of the trio. She locked eyes with Pedro and he smiled comfortingly but sympathetically as he pulled the chair beside him out, signalling for her to sit next to him. He poured her a coffee and a silence arouse around them all.

"I'm sorry I ruined such a good night" rue whispered.

"You didn't ruin anything, don't you dare blame yourself" Oscar said firmly.

"When are you going to the police?" Alexa questioned.

Rue looked taken aback as she looked at Alexa, "hold on...the police?"

"Yes, Rue" she frowned, "he sexually assaulted you"

Rue felt the air be taken from her lungs as she sat back in her chair.

"A restraining order Atleast" Oscar shrugged.

"I was drunk" rue whispered.

Alexa slammed her hands on the table as she stood up, "you gotta be fucking kidding me, rue?! You're gonna let him get away with it?!"

Rue flinched at the loud actions which made Pedro discreetly place a comforting hand on her knee, rubbing it with his thumb.

"Just fucking look in the mirror, Rue! Have you seen your neck?!" She yelled further, a few tears trailing.

"Alexa-" Oscar tried to calm her.

"No! Fuck this! I'm gonna kill that motherfucker"

"Alexa, sit down, please" rue pleaded.

Alexa hesitated for a while and then sat.

"Please, Rue. Don't let him get away with it" she pleaded.

"I won't" rue promised, "I just need time"

The group fell quiet once again and Oscar stood up, clearing his throat, "I'm sorry, Rue I have to get to work. Call me if you need anything, anything at all, ok? You can stay at mine tonight if you want" He nodded as he placed a kiss on her head before leaving.

"Yeah, me too. I was supposed to be there an hour ago" Alexa nodded, "I love you" she nodded, "I'm sorry for lashing out, I'm just angry at him" she whispered.

"It's ok" rue nodded, "I love you too"

The door closed shut and rue laid back as she exhaled, rubbing her face with her hands.

"I'm sorry I just didn't know what to do" Pedro stated.

"No, no it's ok" she smiled as she grabbed his hand reassuringly, "thank you for calling them. And thank you so much for last night, I seriously owe you my life. If you didn't get there in time, i-"

"It's ok, mi amor" he reassured, "you don't owe me anything"

She noticed he called her 'Mi amor' again and it made her fuzzy inside but she had more pressing matters to focus on.

"You probably want me out of your hair now, I've well overstayed my visit" rue chuckled embarrassingly, standing up.

"No it's ok" he smiled, "there's no rush. Did you want to get breakfast or something?"

"I'd love too I just don't have any clothes" she laughed looking down at her attire. Pedro's sweatpants had to be rolled at the bottom and top five times over. His T-shirt went way below her bum.

He took in her appearance and laughed, "yeah, I didn't think that'd fit you very well. We can swing by yours and you can have a shower, get changed? Besides you need to put your Oscar on it's shelf" he smirked, "unless you have to get to work or something" he quickly backtracked.

Rue smiled at him and shook her head, "no I'm basically wrapped up for everything. I don't start the mandalorian until next week-"

"What?" He cut her off quickly, standing up.

Rue blushed, "I thought you knew. Did Jon not tell you? I thought that's why we were seated together last night" She whispered.

"Not unless it slipped my mind, which it didnt. You're joining the mandalorian?!" His grin was probably far too big for something that isn't that big of a deal. But to him it was, because it meant he'd see Rue everyday.

"I've been signed for minimum 2 seasons" she blushed.

"Shut up!" He cheered as he stood up and pulled her into a hug.

Considering all of the circumstances - and the fact they'd known each other for 24 hours - Rue had never felt safer than when she was in the arms of Pedro.

He realised quickly this might be triggering and pulled away, "I'm so sorry, I didn't even think-"

"No" rue smiled as she grabbed his hand and gently pulled him back into an embrace, "thank you, mi amor" she whispered in his ear as she placed a gentle kiss on his cheek.