20

REAL LIFE

Rue had an early start on her first day back. 4:30AM to be specific. The only positive thing getting her through was that she finished at 12. Anxious to see Pedro on set she forced herself to be completely compelled by her work, not even taking a break.

Going over a few lines with Jon, she got distracted by the speaker on the over-com.

"Pedro Pascal to set. Pedro Pascal to set"

Rue looked up at Jon, "I thought this scene was shooting tomorrow?"

"We're ahead of schedule. Pedro was working through all of his breaks last week" Jon nodded. "Anyway, do you understand the lines?"

Rue nodded, now distracted, "yeah yeah I got it"

Rue walked over to set and let makeup add a few faux cuts and ruffle of her hair. Her lungs deflated on her the second she saw Pedro walk out, he was in full costume but holding his helmet by his hip. Instantly he locked eyes with her and she could tell he was upset deep down but they both hid it for the purpose of being professional. He briefed over his lines quickly and then made his way to Rue to start the scene. Neither of them saying anything to each other but overly aware of each other presence.

In all honestly Pedro wanted nothing more than to grab Rue's body and never let go, to apologise to her for everything he ever did to cause so much hurt and to kiss every inch of her body. To tell her how much he loves her and how good she makes him feel.

"And Action!" Cut them both from thoughts.

____

30 minutes later and the scene was over, they called everyone up for lunch while the writers went over the next scene. They both had assistance in unclipping their helmets and before they knew it the set was empty and it was just them.

Pedro cleared his throat, "how have you been?"

"I'm ok" Rue lied, "you?"

"I'm ok" he lied.

"I just wanted to quickly say thank you for still going to the police while I was home. It really helped the case a lot, I've got the restraining order they're taking the assault to court. You didn't have to do that considering everything so... thank you" Rue nodded.

"Of course I was going to. I just wanted to say Rue, how sorry I am" he pleaded as he put his helmet on the floor.

"Pedro, please-"

"No, Rue!" Pedro pleaded as he followed after her and spun her around from her waist, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I never ever should of said what I did, I was just upset at the thought of losing you. I can't lose you, mi amor"

Rue felt her legs go weak as he called her 'mi amor' again, she'd missed that.

"Rue Lawley, please forgive me. Let me show you how sorry I am, I'll forever repay you" he begged, hesitating on if he should say it or not, "I love you"

Rue was in disbelief. She couldn't comprehend somebody was able to love her, she wasn't worthy of it. Even Sebastian never said 'I love you' and to be loved by someone she loves more than she loves herself, was an indescribable feeling.

"I love you too" Rue replied before she could even think.

"You- you do?" He whispered.

Before either of them could say anything, Rue had practically thrown herself at Pedro in possibly the most romantic kiss they had ever shared. Pedro caught her and held her so tight he was scared to let go.

"Please can we never fight ever again" Rue whispered as she held him.

"Never again" he promised, "I love you, mi amor"