The Krakken

Lake No POV

It was night time at a lake as suddenly...

Ben: Cannonball! <jumps into the water and resurfaces> LJ scores. Yes! Perfect 10! Yeah! The crowd loves him!

Gwen: a perfect dweeb is more like it.

Ben: come on. Dive in.

Gwen: please. Who knows what nasty, slimy things are slithering around in there? <shines her light on Ben> I rest my case.

Ben; what's the point in camping by a lake if you're afraid to get wet?<splashes her>

Gwen: knock it off, midget. <starts walking to the RV>

Ben; hey, what's happen-<gets dragged down>

Gwen: very funny, Ben. I'm not falling for it. Ben?

Suddenly some sort of lake creature came out the water making Gwen scream and fall as the light falls and shines on the monster to reveal Four Arms.

Gwen: Ben?

Ben: you should have seen the look on your face. Ah, priceless.

Wade: I'm coming, Gwen!

Wade ran full speed and tackled Ben back into the water.

Gwen: Wade, wait!

Wade and Ben emerged from the water as he was holding the lake plants.

Wade: bad joke. <gets out of the water>

Gwen: you are so busted when I tell grandpa.

Wade and Gwen walked back to the RV as Wade took his shirt off and started to rinse it.

Ben:<takes the plants off him> ha ha ha! I can't believe they fell for it. A monster in the lake. How dumb can you be?

He didn't expect for an actual monster to emerge from the lake before it used one of the two face tentacles to grab Ben and throw him to another part of the lake as then Ben got grabbed and taken down under the water. He gasped when the monster brought him closer to its eye as he swam back up when he got free and immediately went to the RV.

Ben: I was just attacked by a giant lake monster.

Gwen:<throws a pillow to his face> hello, current events. You already got me with that one.

Ben: but I'm not kidding this time.

Max: come on, champ. Joke's over. Get some sleep. Remember we have an early day tomorrow for our fishing trip.

Gwen was in the bottom bunk as Max was in his own makeshift bed and Wade just had a sleeping bag on the floor. Ben timed out as he just gave up and went in.

The next day

The four of them were walking to the docks as Ben was telling them of what he saw.

Ben: no, really. It was humongous with these red glowing eyes.

Max: I'm sure it was just some kind of big fish. That's all.

Gwen: yeah. So give the mega fish story a rest. Will you, Captain Dweeb?

Wade:<rolls his eyes>

Ben went ahead and saw a bucket of worms as grabbed a handful of them and showed them to Gwen.

Ben; breakfast?

Gwen:<screams> oh, Ben, gross. What's with the bucket of slimies?

Max: bait.