Permanent Retirement

Ice Cream Shop No POV

Max was at the ATM as the kids were inside getting ice cream. Two guys in a tow truck parked nearby as one got off the truck and walked over to Max.

Man: out of the way, Grandpa. I got a major withdrawal to make. <tosses Max aside>

Inside

Gwen: what do you have that's nonfat with less than 3 percent sugar?

Vendor: napkins. What about you two?

Ben:<looks outside> I'm about to go rocky road. <runs outside>

Wade: chocolate with chocolate sprinkles.

The fat man put the hook on the ATM.

Man; hit it.

The skinny man tried to start the truck but Ben appeared fused to the truck.

Ben: your cash request has been denied.

Ben threw the skinny man out as he unmerged with the truck as the alien he was is named Upgrade. The other man took the hook back and spun it only for Wade to stick his bat on it making the hook wrap around the bat as he then hit the man down on the head while he was licking his chocolate ice cream.

Max:<puts his foot on the fat man's chest> where do you think you're going? Good work you two.

Ben: oh, yeah. I'm ready for anything. Bring it on. What's next?

Max: we're heading off to see your Aunt Vera for the weekend.

Ben: aw, boring old Aunt Vera? Nooo!

Wade: oh crap.

They were back on the road as Wade finished his ice cream while Ben was back to normal.

Gwen: when Aunt Vera said she wanted to move away from it all, she really meant it.

Wade: who puts retirement homes all the way in the middle of the desert?

Ben: oh, man. This summer was supposed to be about F-U-N, not hanging out in some old lady's place.

Gwen: I like Aunt Vera.

Ben: duh. That's because you act like you're 100 years old.

Wade: I'm with Ben on this one. I don't like going to Aunt Vera's, she hasn't seen me since I was 5.

Gwen: why?

Wade: because Mom and Dad are embarrassed of me, that's why. They're embarrassed to have a delinquent son. Why do you think I don't go to a lot of family reunions?

Ben: but you see me, my parents and Grandpa as well.

Wade: you're the only exception since your parents and Grandpa don't stop asking about me. The rest of the family might as well not know I exist.

Ben and Gwen looked at each other as they continued heading to where they are supposed to go.

At Vera's

Vera: it's been years since I've seen Max and the kids. I'm not sure I'll even recognize them. Stop by and say hello.<goes inside her house>

Marty: I'd like that.

Marty went inside his own house as he had a bowl of chips and sat down to watch TV. He grabbed some chips and ate them but as soon as he went for more, a green goop was on his hand then attacked his face before he could call for help.

At the Rust Bucket

They arrived at the place as they drove past a lot of similar houses.

Ben; this is gonna be so boring. The idea of excitement in this place is probably watching the grass grow.