six | unofficially official because of jealousy

DEVI

My previous fury vanishes as Shay tightens her arm around my shoulder.

"Girlfriend?" Donovan widens his eyes. His surprise turns into embarrassment and regret. "Shit. I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine. You didn't know." I wave him off.

Donovan apologizes again before excusing himself and walks over to where Ayla is.

On the outside, I'm composed. Calm. Relaxed.

On the inside, I'm screaming. Or as other people would call it, the butterflies in my stomach are going fucking wild.

She called me her girlfriend.

I turn towards her while she drops her arm off my shoulder.

"Girlfriend?" I ask, my voice coming off more squeaky then I like. I clear my throat.

"Technically, your my friend and you are a girl." She explains and nods to herself. "But if you want a reminder of last night, I think that might consider us a little bit closer to girlfriend territory."

"We barely met yesterday, if you wanted to get closer to girlfriend territory, let me take you on a date." I suggest, internally smiling to myself on the inside.

I guess bold is my approach.

A small blush creeps onto Shay's face.

"When?" She asks, her lips now thin line as she hides her smile.

"Monday, at seven pm." I answer.

"You think you'll be off work by seven?" She quirks an eyebrow up.

"I'm the boss, I'll get off work whenever I want." I shrug.

"Okay." She smiles to herself. "I'll see you later Devi."

She walks away as I appreciate how she looks from behind.

Now I need to figure out where to take Shay on a date.

"Where do you take Athena when you guys go on dates?" I ask Reid, standing in the kitchen with him.

Reid is focused on the cooking but he looks up at me for a second after I asked my question.

"Do you want the real answer?" He asks.

"Duh." I roll my eyes.

"An empty parking lot or a suite at a hotel." His lips quirk up a little.

I fake gag. "That's disgusting!"

"That's the real answer." He says nonchalantly.

"Take her to dinner first, Jesus christ." I want to bleach my ears.

"I cook five star meals, there's no reason to go out to eat." He shrugs.

I stare at him. Do they not go out?